Home Easy Range (Distance)

Moderator: Telldus

Gadgetz

Home Easy Range (Distance)

Post by Gadgetz »

I have recently purchased a few Home Easy products from the Ultimate Range - Single Light Switches and double gang sockets, and a triple plugin set with remote.

When I connected them yesterday I was quite dissapointed with the range from which these units can be controlled (using the remote that comes with a triple pack of Home Easy switches).

Will the Tellstick give me improved range coverage, or will it be the same based on that they are all using 433 MHz?

Thanks for any answers.

FYI, the usable range using the remote was approx 3m to the Ultimate Sockets, and 4-5m to the plugin socket switches (no walls)
fredrik.gullberg
Site Admin

Re: Home Easy Range (Distance)

Post by fredrik.gullberg »

The range shouldn't be that bad with the remote... Maybe it's a bad battery in the remote?
Fredrik Gullberg
Telldus Technologies
Gadgetz

Post by Gadgetz »

fredrik.jacobsson wrote:The range shouldn't be that bad with the remote... Maybe it's a bad battery in the remote?
I have changed the battery in the remote, but I guess I should try another just incase.

Thanks
pauldb38

Post by pauldb38 »

I know this is a old post but wanted to put some feedback to this. I currently use the home easy range in my house and have to say range hasnt been a problem with the remotes or Tellstick , i have my windows home server downstaires behind my tv and i can control every thing in my house including the extensions etc. I have now put some Sockets in water tight boxes for my out door lighting and found lights about 30 feet or so away was a little hit and miss , so i bought the range extender / repeater and put that high up in the garden about 7feet above ground level and now the lights work a treat on and off every time.

I would love to test the net version of tellstick as i have a router in the loft and would love to see the range i can get as my garden is roughly about 170 feet long.

Paul.