Getting temperature data into Tasker somehow

Moderator: Telldus

Cptnodegard

Getting temperature data into Tasker somehow

Post by Cptnodegard »

New to the whole Tellstick thing, and just picked up a Jenkinsbird temperature sensor for my Tellstick Net. I thought it such an obvious feature that the RemoteStick app's Tasker/Locale plugin would be capable of populating a Tasker plugin with this data, but apparently it can only trigger profiles off the data - not transfer it. So, I'm basically looking at the simplest way of getting that data into there.

From looking around, including the API (not a programmer), I haven't found a simple way to just get the temperature data into a public web page. Is there such a feature or third party system? Having the data on a publicly accessible page would make it a breeze to pull into Tasker. I saw a thread about doing this in EventGhost, but my computer isn't always on.

Any help would be appreciated. Replies in Swedish are fine.
p0ke

Re: Getting temperature data into Tasker somehow

Post by p0ke »

Hi,

I hope you accept my reply even it is not swedish :).

There is no "simple" way at the moment, means no way for a non-programmer.

But take a look at this blog post about building your own firmware, maybe thats the way you should go:

http://developer.telldus.se/blog/2012/0 ... n-firmware

Haven´t played with it yet, I will wait for a general solution in Telldus Live! :)

regards

René
Cptnodegard

Re: Getting temperature data into Tasker somehow

Post by Cptnodegard »

That's disappointing.. Had a programmer friend of mine look at the API, he got a few [OAuth_Verification_Failed:_The_consumer_key_""_token_""_combination_does_not_exist_or_is_not_enabled_] errors, raged at PEAR and oauth for a bit, then gave up xD