Salling Clicker

Moderator: Telldus

JMAutio

Salling Clicker

Post by JMAutio »

Could it be possible to develope the salling clicker it a little, last update on changelog was 31.7.2008? It confirms things a little too much. For example when I dim a light X to 30% it shows a screen "dimming light X to 30%" and you have to click "ok" to exit the screen and then you enter the light X brightness selection screen again, which is unnecessary, because I just set it to 30%, I don´t need to set it again. I think it would be more useful to go straight to the screen where you select different lights.

Level 1: Select devices
Level 2: Select on/off or select dim level
Level 3: Notification of selected action on Level 2

NOW: You have to always click a button to go up a level and you will always have to visit level 3 to make an adjustment to a device.

TO DEVELOP: Go straight to level 1 after making a choice on Level 2.
JMAutio

Re: Salling Clicker

Post by JMAutio »

I actually thought about this at first a last spring when I still used a touchscreen phone. Basically there´s even no need to go to Level 2. Most convenient in my opinion would be to select the dim level at Level 1, where you have the list of the devices, with a slidebar similarly to volume adjustment on System menu. With touchscreen that would be really easy and with a conventional phone this could be made so that a double click or long press on either direction (left/right) would shut down the light or set it to max brightness. Single click would scroll through dim levels with 10% increments, or in the case of on/off device, set the status. This could be done as a loop, so from off to max could actually be set on a click to left and vice versa.

I´d do a script myself, but I´m quite sure I won´t manage it :D I had an 8 ects course on java at university, but that was like six years ago and my grade wasn´t too good, the tutor said I never really understood the nature of language.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

The sourcecode is open. You can try to do something. If it shows your idea it might be possible for us to finish your work.

Right now, we do not have the resources to do any major development on the SallingClicker-plugin.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
JMAutio

Post by JMAutio »

Well, I´ll try. I didn´t even realize the .js can be directly edited. I remember there was some compiling to do, but this seems to go without.

The first one was easy (going straight to device list after dim level choice), but the second one seems like more difficult. I remember the course, a few hours of head banging was usually solved in about 2 minutes with an assistant.. :roll: But I´ll see if i can manage it.