Telldus Live in Amazon Alexa

Moderator: Telldus

kimlood

Re: Telldus Live in Amazon Alexa

Post by kimlood »

kane wrote:
kimlood wrote:
Hi, ok, there is no need to download gradle to do this. Instead, use gradlew that does what you want but you dont need to download gradle.
To help you, where is your alexa account registered? Have you tested the lamda service with a test message to see that the reply from Telldus Live works?
I keep switching between N.Virginia and Irland.
I have managed to upload the jar file 3 times so I just tested them all, in both locations and I get the same error on all of them:
"errorMessage":"Class not found:\"Telldus", "errorType":"class java.lang.ClassNotFoundException"
If I type gradlew in cmd, it starts to download something.
Yes, it download all the dependencies.." gradlew uberjar".
Class not found sounds like the configuration is wrong, what's in your handler?
kane

Post by kane »

Handler: "Telldus::handler"
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

kane wrote:Handler: "Telldus::handler"
Then I guess there was a problem with the build of the jar, can you provide the log of your gradle build?
kane

Post by kane »

kimlood wrote:
kane wrote:Handler: "Telldus::handler"
Then I guess there was a problem with the build of the jar, can you provide the log of your gradle build?
I am very sorry, I have no idea how...
When it comes to computers, I use them for internet, vlc, Spotify etc, and that's about it.
kane

Post by kane »

I started the cmd and wrote the path for the alexa-telldus and finished with gradlew uberjar. Got an error saying that uberjar was not found in root project.
I then typed the same but without uberjar and stuff happen.
I then typed gradlew uberjar and it started downloading a lots of dots before
FAILURE: Build failed with an exeption. appeared in red.
What went wrong :
Task 'uberjar' not found in root project 'maane_000'
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

kane wrote:I started the cmd and wrote the path for the alexa-telldus and finished with gradlew uberjar. Got an error saying that uberjar was not found in root project.
I then typed the same but without uberjar and stuff happen.
I then typed gradlew uberjar and it started downloading a lots of dots before
FAILURE: Build failed with an exeption. appeared in red.
What went wrong :
Task 'uberjar' not found in root project 'maane_000'
Kane, there are a lot of configuration and setup in order to complete this. It's just not building the jar file.
If you want, I can help you, just send me an email at kim@hoglandet.org, and I will try to guide you through it..
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

Since some have problems with using the gradlew option (that is when you don't have or want to download and install gradle)
Open a command prompt, use "cd" to get to the folders from the exported github repository, then execute "gradlew uberjar".

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Kim>cd \

C:\>cd Project\alexa-home-telldus

C:\Project\alexa-home-telldus>dir
 Volume in drive C is Windows8_OS
 Volume Serial Number is 60B1-45AB

Directory of C:\Project\alexa-home-telldus

2016-10-06  20:18    <DIR>          .
2016-10-06  20:18    <DIR>          ..
2016-06-10  16:18                17 .gitignore
2016-10-04  08:21    <DIR>          .gradle
2016-10-06  19:19    <DIR>          build
2016-10-06  19:18               944 build.gradle
2016-10-04  08:21    <DIR>          gradle
2016-06-09  08:55             4,971 gradlew
2016-06-09  08:55             2,404 gradlew.bat
2016-10-06  20:18             1,086 LICENSE
2016-10-12  09:33             1,766 README.md
2016-10-04  08:21    <DIR>          src
               6 File(s)         11,188 bytes
               6 Dir(s)  13,222,576,128 bytes free

C:\Project\alexa-home-telldus>gradlew uberjar
:compileJava UP-TO-DATE
:compileGroovy UP-TO-DATE
:processResources UP-TO-DATE
:classes UP-TO-DATE
:uberjar UP-TO-DATE

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 10.694 secs
C:\Project\alexa-home-telldus>
kane

Post by kane »

It works! Thank you very much kimlood, everything works perfectly and I'm really happy about it! :D
So far everything I said " wouldn't it be cool if" when we first got Alexa in the house is now actually working.

Ok, I've calmed down a little now :P
The only thing irritating now is the setting in the Telldus app. HDR 105 which our ceilings seems to be insulated with are a code based system which is not recognized as a dimmer even if it does. Oh well, eventually they will all melt and I can switch to a selflearning system :?

Next task will be to get Alexa to play /pause/skip Mpc-hc, Spotify and Netflix :wink:
Dingboy

Post by Dingboy »

Hello Kimlod.

I was just wondering... Would there be any chance of you making a very basic explanation video on YouTube on how to implement Alexa into Echo? I know it's asking a lot, but it would be extremely helpful for us that are not so technical in programming. It can be extremely basic as long as it explains/shows the different steps on a PC.

Your support is excellent in this tread, and I think you would even help mor of us if you would be able to make something like this.

Thanks again for all you have done so far!
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

Dingboy wrote:Hello Kimlod.

I was just wondering... Would there be any chance of you making a very basic explanation video on YouTube on how to implement Alexa into Echo? I know it's asking a lot, but it would be extremely helpful for us that are not so technical in programming. It can be extremely basic as long as it explains/shows the different steps on a PC.

Your support is excellent in this tread, and I think you would even help mor of us if you would be able to make something like this.

Thanks again for all you have done so far!

Hi,
Maybe not a youtube video, but I will try to update the "how to" in this thread, actually I will get some help from some of the users that have done this.
We will try to make it as simple as possible.
If Telldus wanted, they could host this service. then none of the user defined steps would be necessary, but that for the future..
Dingboy

Post by Dingboy »

Hello again, Kimlood.

I agree... Telldus could and should make an official skill for Alexa.

I would really appreciate your help here. I will try to go through the process as described, but I'm quite new to this way of programming. I have downloaded the "alexa-home-telldus-master.zip" and started the process. I however are already struggling at the second step. What is "uberjar" and where tdo I find the gradlew file that's supposed to be in the gradle folder? I can find such a file in the root of the "alexa-home-telldus-master" folder, but it has no file extension. How do i "run" this type of file?

I have found my keys and tokens and edited them into the Global.groovy file.

kimlood

Post by kimlood »

Dingboy wrote:Hello again, Kimlood.

I agree... Telldus could and should make an official skill for Alexa.

I would really appreciate your help here. I will try to go through the process as described, but I'm quite new to this way of programming. I have downloaded the "alexa-home-telldus-master.zip" and started the process. I however are already struggling at the second step. What is "uberjar" and where tdo I find the gradlew file that's supposed to be in the gradle folder? I can find such a file in the root of the "alexa-home-telldus-master" folder, but it has no file extension. How do i "run" this type of file?

I have found my keys and tokens and edited them into the Global.groovy file.

Hi Dingboy,
Well, scroll up a few posts in this thread, and you will see how to execute the gradlew command.
"Uberjar" is a defined gradle task, that actually package the jar, this is needed since we all have different Telldus keys.

But in short, open a command prompt (Cmd), change the directory to where the telldus-alexa project is.
Then execute the command:

Code: Select all

gradlew uberjar
r1kkie

Post by r1kkie »

Hello Kimlood!
Amazing work with the telldus app for alexa. Works like a charm however there is one thing that doesnt work is on my dimming switches. When I use:
Alexa, increase <device name> by <number> percent
Alexa, decrease <device name> by <number> percent
I get, that command doesnt work on...

Any clue why?
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

r1kkie wrote:Hello Kimlood!
Amazing work with the telldus app for alexa. Works like a charm however there is one thing that doesnt work is on my dimming switches. When I use:

Any clue why?
Hi r1kkie,
Can you provide me with the lambda log for when the command is executed? I will look in to it..
kimlood

Post by kimlood »

kimlood wrote:
r1kkie wrote:Hello Kimlood!

Any clue why?
Hi r1kkie,
Can you provide me with the lambda log for when the command is executed? I will look in to it..
Hi again r1kkie!
I have pushed an update to github, please try that and see if it works.
It works for me, but I had initially the same problem as you, set percent did work, but not increase/decrease. However, after some minor changes to the code, it seems to work now.