The latest source from SVN will not compile on Linux

Moderator: Telldus

egil

The latest source from SVN will not compile on Linux

Post by egil »

Following the instructions here:
http://developer.telldus.se/wiki/TellSt ... 0-%20Linux

it is pretty obvious the latest source will not compile on Linux as is. I made some temporary surgery for an undefined SOCKET_T and a stdio.h that was obviously needed, but it was apparent that more work is needed.

In the meantime I got a version of telldus-core-2.0.1 that compiled nicely, so I am managing.

But still, it seems not very professional that the posted instructions for Linux does not work. Is there a ETA for a version that indeed compiles on Linux?
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Where did you get the link from? There instructions is old and should not be used.

Trunk could be broken at any time. It is the place for new functions to be implemented so it might not even work as expected.

Please see our official instructions here and compile from our released packages.
http://developer.telldus.se/wiki/TellSt ... tionSource
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
egil

Post by egil »

micke.prag wrote:Where did you get the link from?
Probably google, I must admit. Anyway, the rfcmd patch I posted in this forum for EVERFLOURISH also worked for the latest version.

Another thing: My batch 9 Tellstick needed an external antenna to get sufficient range.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

egil wrote:Probably google, I must admit. Anyway, the rfcmd patch I posted in this forum for EVERFLOURISH also worked for the latest version.
I am currently on a business-trip but I will look at your patch next week.
egil wrote:Another thing: My batch 9 Tellstick needed an external antenna to get sufficient range.
Please see Telldus first page to see what to do to get a TellStick with external antenna.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies