Trigger event only works from Teldus Live

Moderator: Telldus

no66

Trigger event only works from Teldus Live

Post by no66 »

I have an Nexa motion detector that switches on and off a Nexa plug switch - Light in hallway.

I've set up a Trigger Event:
Triggers > When Hallway Light is on > Send Email to xxxx@xxxx.xx

However, this only works if I switch the light on from the Control Devices page. Does not trigger when light is switched on from the motion detector or remote.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?
etompau

Re: Trigger event only works from Teldus Live

Post by etompau »

You need to add the motion detector as a device in Telldus Live, and scan the detectors house code.
Then use this device a a trigger in your event.
no66

Post by no66 »

Thank you very much. Didn't think of adding the detector in Live as they work directly as well.

Learning.....

Next up ut to set up a trigger for about 20 seconds before the light goes off. The 5 secs is too short, and 1 min too long.
I pretty sure this can be accomplished some how.
etompau

Post by etompau »

You need to remove the "pairing " between your sensor and your plug switch and let the Event handling function control the on/off function.
That is, the sensor triggers an event which then turns on your light switch
As you seem to have the Pro version of Live, you can use the timer function available in the event handling, there you can choose whatever on-time for your hall light.
no66

Post by no66 »

Thank you again.
This is getting better and better. :D

Should the Motion detectors pairing switch be set to Del at all times?
etompau

Post by etompau »

This switch has no function when the sensor is in "normal use". The set/del switch is used for manually sending an on or off signal when pairing the sensor with a switch or deleting a house code in a receiver.
no66

Post by no66 »

How do I unpair?
Currently its paired to Nexa PE-3 reciver.

Thanks

Found it:
RADERA ALLA MINNEN
* Ta ur mottagaren från vägguttaget (fig. 9) och sätt tillbaka den igen efter 5 sekunder (fig. 10).
* Mottagarens lysdiod blinkar långsamt i 5 sekunder (fig. 11).
* Under de 5 sekunder som mottagarens lysdiod blinkar håller du sändaren nära mottagaren och trycker på knappen GROUP OFF (fig. 12).
* Mottagarens lysdiod slutar blinka och lampan blinkar två gånger för att bekräfta att alla sparade koder har raderats från mottagaren.
rhoddas

no66

Post by no66 »

Hmm.

Not to much success.

When I try a Trigger Event (unpaired), the Motion Detector is really sluggish to trigger the light on. Have to stand and wave for some time. :D
With it paired directly the light comes on almost the instant I walk into the room.
I suppose this is because a direct pair unit on 1 meter away is going to work faster than going back and forth beween the Telldus Net?

I'll try some more as I'm having a bit of a problem with delaying the off command (say 15 secs) and also need the detector to re-trigger if I'm in the room for more than 15 secs.