Door window sensor

Moderator: Telldus

Magne_J

Door window sensor

Post by Magne_J »

Hi,
As in this thread https://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4864 I followed the instructions for connecting the door/window sensor to my Tellstick Net.
It was connected to an on/off Wireless sochet outlet, as described in the manual, and I thought it was a procedure only to register the door/window sensor to the Tellstick Net.
The result was that the door sensor controles my kitchen lamp, which is not so cool since it goes on and off every time someone opens the door.
Is there any way to remove the Connection between the door/window sensor and the Socket outlet?
And, how do I register the door/window sensor directly to the Tellstick Net.
What I want is the system to send me an email or text message when someone open the door while I'm away, but how can I do that?
jukkis

Re: Door window sensor

Post by jukkis »

Same problem.
etompau

Re: Door window sensor

Post by etompau »

1. All self learning receivers have 2-6 memory position which can either be individually cleared or you can choose to clear all memory positions. You don't tell us what receiver you use, but have a look in the manual and clear the memory and your door/window sensor will no longer trig the receiver.
2. Then use the "wizard" and add you sensor as a magnetic door sensor device in Telldus Live. This device can then be used a trigger in an event and then sending you an SMS/Email or some other action you might want to have.