New(?) device type: remote

Moderator: Telldus

Nautilus

New(?) device type: remote

Post by Nautilus »

Hi,

Just noticed there's now e.g. for Nexa a new device type, remote (at least in Telldus Live that is). Out of curiosity I tried setting up one. It asks to push transmit button (or something along these lines) until the progress bar reaches 100%. When I pressed then On button (1/4) progress bar moved to 20%. Then I pressed second on button and it went to 40%. After this I lost track of what is happening, progress bar went back and fort between 20-80% as I pushed then On buttons until it stopped (I quess the configuration was supposed to be finshed now)...

What would be the correct way to set it up and what kind of uses would there be for the remote device?
etompau

Re: New(?) device type: remote

Post by etompau »

The progress bar indicates that your Tellstick is scanning and receiving the unique house code of your transmitting device (eg a remote control).
When using this function, you should press the same button on your remote control unit the scanning is completed.

By adding a transmitting device, you could use the on/off-signals from the unit as a trigger in the Event handling function. In this way a remote control could easily control other devices depending on time etc.
Nautilus

Re: New(?) device type: remote

Post by Nautilus »

Ok, well I actually also tried pressing the same button each time but it just went back and forth between 20 and 40%. Anyhow, so this device is basically a normal on/off switch like a lamp but with a different kind of icon (and learning method, which does not work very well and I cannot understand why it need to be different than the normal "one press" scan with e.g. lamps)...:)