Howto add door sensor

Moderator: Telldus

howcome

Howto add door sensor

Post by howcome »

What's the procedure for adding a door sensor to Tellstick Net/Live? I've found this document:

http://proovesmart.com/pdf/311368_Manual.pdf

In step 2, it indicates that I should press a button on a on/off switch? This doesn't make sense -- doens't the door sensor talk directly to the Net unit?
tronde

Re: Howto add door sensor

Post by tronde »

Follow step 1 and 3. Omit step 2.
howcome

Post by howcome »

Thanks for replying. In step 3.5, I'm told to label this device as "Proove Self Learning (white)". However, no such menu choice appears in the list.

If I choose a similar item (e.g., "Proove Self Learning on/off (white)") it shows up as an on/off device, which seems wrong.

Intuitively, I expect the door sensor to create a log of when the door has been opened/closed. Therefore, it should show up in the list of sensors, and not devices. No?

Advice appreciated.
etompau

Post by etompau »

There is no specific door sensor device to select. Use the on/off device as described in the manual.
A door transmitter will not show up in the sensor section, there you will find thermometer transmitters (if used)
howcome

Post by howcome »

The manual doens't mention any "on/off" device.

Anyway, when I select the "Self learning on/off (white)", the door sensor shows up in the list of devices. It doesn't make sense, in my head, to turn this unit on or off, so I suggest reclassifying it as a sensor.

However, the in the (beta) log, I can see when the door opened or closed, so I'm happy -- in a convoluted way :-)

Thanks for responding.
tahustvedt

Post by tahustvedt »

The reason the door "sensor" works the way it does is because it's essentially a remote control. That is why you have to create a fake on/off device and scan for the remote (door sensor) to trigger it.