Crap system

Moderator: Telldus

topolino

Crap system

Post by topolino »

I would just like to warn everyone looking into buying that the Tellstick system is a seriously flawed system. It is well known that each device has one way communication only, and that is quite understandable at this price range.

What's really strange with the system is that the Tellstick NET itself operates in exactly the same way: Sending an on/off message from the web or from an app is registered as as success by the Tellstick Live server, not by the Tellstick Net in your house as expected. This means that you have absolutely no idea about each device, but also about the state of your entire home.

If you already own a Tellstick Net, then just pull the plug and test the system to try this for yourself. It's a great disappointment, especially seeing all the 4+ star ratings on online stores all over.

If anyone knows more about this, or can tell me that I'm wrong, then please let me know.
etompau

Re: Crap system

Post by etompau »

A Tellstick Net which has lost Internet connection, will after a delay of approx. 4 minutes be reported as off-line in Telldus Live, and you can then not send any on/off-commands.
topolino

Post by topolino »

Thank you for this information. This is an acceptable delay, so I withdraw my harsh judgement.
simonbove

Post by simonbove »

If you need to be sure a switch is on then you should buy a relay remote from nexa, then you will get a status on the items which is importantfor you..
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

If it is that important use z-wave but that is a whole other price range.