TellStick Net Signal Range

Moderator: Telldus

roundajr2579

TellStick Net Signal Range

Post by roundajr2579 »

Hi,

I have a Tellstick Net and its been working perfectly for months now. I recently purchased a wireless outdoor socket from Byron to use with this device, however where I need to position the socket it seems that the Tellstick signal must be weak and its inconsistent as only some of the commands are received at the socket.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a way of increasing the signal range of the tellstick net device, I was wondering if there is a tried and tested Hi-gain aerial or booster that people are aware of that would give an extra few meters range?

Alternatively I have recently been considering purchasing an extra tellstick.net deivce to sit nearer my black spotted area as moving my existing tellstick would pose another black-spot elsewhere in my house. Does anyone know if running two tellstick.net deivces is acceptable from the same internet connection for use with Telldus Live?

I would like to know about the signal boost option first though as this is bound to be cheaper than purchasing another tellstick?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: TellStick Net Signal Range

Post by 250266 »

Have you tried under advanced setting to set the repeats to e.g. 5? The command will then be repeated 5 times with an interval of 3sec. Under difficult conditions there will be a chance to get the command received.

Maybe this will be enough to work for you.
roundajr2579

Re: TellStick Net Signal Range

Post by roundajr2579 »

Hi thanks for the reply and apologies for not replying sooner.

I had tried the option to repeat the signal being sent more than just one time however I think that my brick construction house and the location of where I needed the device to be positioned was right on the limit of the signal strength passing through my walls etc.

Since then I have purchased a "HomeEasy HE104 Remote Control Signal Booster" and programmed it to repeat the same code as my outdoor switch.

Its seems to work with no issues now and the HE104 can be used to repeat 5 more signal codes too and its slightly cheaper than a new Tellstick at only £10 on ebay!