how to find Ir and magnetic switches

Moderator: Telldus

ulrikk

how to find Ir and magnetic switches

Post by ulrikk »

Hi, sorry that I am new and maybe missed something basic. I enter some of things I learned after the first posting, here marked in italics.
I have just got
a tellstick duo
a nexa LGDR switch
a proove el2032 magnetic switch
and a proove El2029 IR sensor
from m mätteknik
I started to play around to get familiar
Downloaded TelldusCenter and TelldusAlive
After some rereading I managed to control the NEXA LGDR switch ..FUN ! downloaded RemoteStcik and used the HTC really fun, my 7 y son enjoyed it.

Then I tried the magnetic switch, assumed that it should show up under sensor (the thermometer ) in TelldusCenter nothing happened, reading the instructions for activate self learning. Finally by selecting the "lightbulb" and adding a Proove switch, randomise a number and the learn I can see the switch that it changes status AV /PÅ when activating it.
Is it correct that it should show up there?

I tried the IR sensor without success also selecting a proove selflearing switch under the ligth bulb and the activitating set on th e iR and LEARN on Tellduscenter... nothing happens , the status is constantly PÅ. But the duo flashes blue when it detects movement. The lightbulb in Tellduscenter has another color than for the other devices
Any ideas what I am doing wrong ??
After going to rereading the page on m.nu I noticed that the IR switch not detected as self learning device, in spite of the manual. Setting iy with an adress it worked

Finally I got puzzled what I should do with the "sensors" I couldn't find any way that they should be able to control e.g NEXA switch through Telldus center? For example turn on the NEXA swtich when the magnetic sensiór is activated. Maybe this belongs to NEXA home and not here or is that the sensors are uncorrectly set up.

Reading the Swedish pages in this forum it seems that telldus software doesn't support any control by external IR sensor or whatever, even if TellstickDuo can recieve it, only other software can use the information.

I would be happy for any advice or hint where I can read more.. the manual to TellstichDuo doesn't say so much.

Ulrik
Last edited by ulrikk on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carrier82

Re: how to find Ir and magnetic switches

Post by carrier82 »

I have trouble setting up a Nexa MDT-507 PIR sensor as well. Live does not detect it, even though but able to control switches using the sensor without Telldus. Rebooting the Telldus Net didn't help, as didn't sending multiple signals from the sensor. The blue leds on the Telldus net does flash, when the PIR activates but Sensor doesn't show up on sensors page. I would use a patched tdtool.py to access the sensor but can't do that without the sensor being detected.
ulrikk

Post by ulrikk »

According to m.nu the NEXA MDT-507 and Proove IR sensor are made in the same factory and identical. I got mine working with tellduscentre by giving it a "fixed" adress instead of trying the self learning adress in spite of the manual. It found it when looking on switchking, which at least can use the sensor information.
nebuchad

Post by nebuchad »

Hi.
I got the same problem, cant get my magnets nor the IR-sensor to show up in telldus center.
How exactly did you set the settings fixed?
My gues is that you some how used a callback-script to know what id your sensor are using, right?

Carrier82, did you get it to work?
ulrikk

Post by ulrikk »

It seems that Telldus centre doesn't support these controls (which I found on the Swedish discussion pages). In switchking however you can find the devices, so at least Tellstick duo makes the job to send back information, but the Telldus software doesn't have a visible handle for this.
nebuchad

Post by nebuchad »

Okey, might be the reason for me to jump on the train to SwitchKing.
Does this feature work also in the Linux mono version?
pentti_kotiaho

Post by pentti_kotiaho »

I got Nexa indoor PIR LMDT-609 work fine - but it took some work. In Tellstick Net I set it as Self Learning On/Off . Pressed Scan and moved PIR learn swithc between set and del some times. Then Save and page refresh. Then I pressed Learn on Tellstick Net. And got it working. Has to go with trial and error.