TelldusCenter software package for Synology NAS ?

Moderator: Telldus

omicronCZ

TelldusCenter software package for Synology NAS ?

Post by omicronCZ »

Do not plan Telldus Company transfer TelldusCenter software to the software package for use in known Synology NAS servers (going under Linux OS)?
These servers are very common among users of "Tellstick" hardware around the world, and it would be very useful.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Re: TelldusCenter software package for Synology NAS ?

Post by micke.prag »

The software is open source and is it possible to anyone wanting to help us port the software for these devices.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
omicronCZ

Post by omicronCZ »

I think that Synology would certainly welcome working with you concerning implementation of software for managing Tellstick hardware.

It would be an ideal situation, the "TelldusCenter" software ran on such a home or business low-power NAS (household management and home mediasystem), and did not run because even a computer with high consumption.

I was personally at the Synology workshop, where Representative Synology Company said interest on home automation company. It would certainly not be in vain ...

Synology NAS Server allows software installation packages with third-party applications, and due to the prevalence of these NAS servers around the world would certainly be commercially beneficial for your company :-)
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

We will see what we can do. At least we will give Synology NAS a try. We cannot estimate any timeframe right now though.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
omicronCZ

Post by omicronCZ »

It is very good information, such as the Czech Republic (where I'm from) is a common national distributor for products Tellstick and for Synology NAS servers. There are many, many joint customers - users of both products (not only here), surely it would be very appreciated.

Still I deal with the possibility of operations Tellstick USB hardware without a PCdesktop, which surely solves all users, especially when linked to a Tellstick sophisticated system for home automation.
It's a question of including energy savings, safety, and possible and easy remote configuration and control.
omicronCZ

Post by omicronCZ »

Any news ?
joando

Post by joando »

Looking forward to see an implementation of Tellstick in Synology NAS DSM !
Keep up the work.
donjohann

Post by donjohann »

Would be really nice to have a telldus package, especially if it will work with home automation. Keep up the good work!
osterberg

Post by osterberg »

micke.prag wrote:We will see what we can do. At least we will give Synology NAS a try. We cannot estimate any timeframe right now though.
Any news on this?
How did the test pan out?
larza

Post by larza »

micke.prag wrote:We will see what we can do. At least we will give Synology NAS a try. We cannot estimate any timeframe right now though.
Same question from me. :) Any news?