Way to send Bogus Callback event?

Moderator: Telldus

peec

Way to send Bogus Callback event?

Post by peec »

I am currently working on javatellstick ( http://code.google.com/p/javatellstick/ )

I am currently implementing the callbacks with JNA.

However, now i have come to the stage where I need to check if it recieves events as it should.

Is there a way to send a bogus signal or do you got to have the Tellstick DUO to do this ?
The reason is that i don't got the DUO, and I have to test it someway (or wait for that sake, but i like to work fast :)

It's like the python script in your SVN, but in java, so I just need to check if I get signals in some way.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Re: Way to send Bogus Callback event?

Post by micke.prag »

Try:

Code: Select all

$ tdtool --on 1
Even other applications will trigger DeviceEvent when the status of a device changes.

If you change the name in TelldusCenter a DeviceChangeEvent will be triggered.

Please note that you must run our beta software for the callback to work. Currently the latest version is 2.0.104.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
hekj

Post by hekj »

peec wrote:I am currently working on javatellstick ( http://code.google.com/p/javatellstick/ )

I am currently implementing the callbacks with JNA.

However, now i have come to the stage where I need to check if it recieves events as it should.
I have implemented callbacks in NexaHome using JNA, but it's not yet activated... when I set a breakpoint in the JNA source code I can see that NexaHome shuts down when the callback thread exits (don't know if there is a bug in JNA or NexaHome).

/Henrik
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

I don't know if it is the case but, in the windows world there is 3 different calling conventions used for functions. If you declare your functions with wrong calling convention strange things can happen. We use "stdcall" so make sure you declare you callback like this:

void __stdcall deviceChangeEvent(int deviceId, int eventId, int changeType, int, void *context);
I hope this helps you.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
peec

Post by peec »

I have now implemented callbacks in Java, (JNA) seems to work just fine.

Snippet for the callbacks:

// typedef void (WINAPI *TDDeviceEvent)(int deviceId, int method, const char *data, int callbackId, void *context);
	    interface TDDeviceEvent extends Callback{
	        void invoke(int deviceId, int method, Pointer data, int callbackId, Pointer context);        
	    }
	    // TELLSTICK_API int WINAPI tdRegisterDeviceEvent( TDDeviceEvent eventFunction, void *context );
		public int tdRegisterDeviceEvent( TDDeviceEvent eventFunction, Pointer context );

// typedef void (WINAPI *TDDeviceChangeEvent)(int deviceId, int changeEvent, int changeType, int callbackId, void *context); 
		interface TDDeviceChangeEvent extends Callback{
	        void invoke(int deviceId, int changeEvent, int changeType, int callbackId, Pointer context);        
	    }
		// TELLSTICK_API int WINAPI tdRegisterDeviceChangeEvent( TDDeviceChangeEvent eventFunction, void *context);
		public int tdRegisterDeviceChangeEvent( TDDeviceChangeEvent eventFunction, Pointer context);

// typedef void (WINAPI *TDRawDeviceEvent)(const char *data, int controllerId, int callbackId, void *context);
		interface TDRawDeviceEvent extends Callback{
	        void invoke(Pointer data, int controllerId, int callbackId, Pointer context);        
	    }
		// TELLSTICK_API int WINAPI tdRegisterRawDeviceEvent( TDRawDeviceEvent eventFunction, void *context );
		public int tdRegisterRawDeviceEvent( TDRawDeviceEvent eventFunction, Pointer context );

hekj

Post by hekj »

peec wrote:I have now implemented callbacks in Java, (JNA) seems to work just fine.

Snippet for the callbacks:

// typedef void (WINAPI *TDDeviceEvent)(int deviceId, int method, const char *data, int callbackId, void *context);
	    interface TDDeviceEvent extends Callback{
	        void invoke(int deviceId, int method, Pointer data, int callbackId, Pointer context);        
	    }
	    // TELLSTICK_API int WINAPI tdRegisterDeviceEvent( TDDeviceEvent eventFunction, void *context );
		public int tdRegisterDeviceEvent( TDDeviceEvent eventFunction, Pointer context );

// typedef void (WINAPI *TDDeviceChangeEvent)(int deviceId, int changeEvent, int changeType, int callbackId, void *context); 
		interface TDDeviceChangeEvent extends Callback{
	        void invoke(int deviceId, int changeEvent, int changeType, int callbackId, Pointer context);        
	    }
		// TELLSTICK_API int WINAPI tdRegisterDeviceChangeEvent( TDDeviceChangeEvent eventFunction, void *context);
		public int tdRegisterDeviceChangeEvent( TDDeviceChangeEvent eventFunction, Pointer context);

// typedef void (WINAPI *TDRawDeviceEvent)(const char *data, int controllerId, int callbackId, void *context);
		interface TDRawDeviceEvent extends Callback{
	        void invoke(Pointer data, int controllerId, int callbackId, Pointer context);        
	    }
		// TELLSTICK_API int WINAPI tdRegisterRawDeviceEvent( TDRawDeviceEvent eventFunction, void *context );
		public int tdRegisterRawDeviceEvent( TDRawDeviceEvent eventFunction, Pointer context );
I have tested your code and the result is the same, why do you declare the variable data as a Pointer instead of String?

TDRawDeviceEvent

public void invoke(Pointer data, int controllerId, int callbackId, Pointer context) {
   System.out.println(data.getString(0));
}

public void invoke(String data, int controllerId, int callbackId, Pointer context) {
   System.out.println(data);
}
If I get this to work shall I call the method tdReleaseString(String txt) at some point to get rid of the string?

/Henrik
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

No, don't call tdRelaseString() on strings passed on to a callback. They are declared const.

tdRelaseString() must be called on all strings returned from telldus-core, where telldus-core no longer have the possibility to release them when not needed anymore.
Strings passed on to a callback will be released when the callback returns. If you want to store it longer you must copy them yourself and take care of the release.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

See these examples:

void WINAPI deviceEvent(int deviceId, int method, const char *data, int callbackId, void *context) {
  //variable data must not be released here. It is released by telldus-core when this function returns
}

//telldus-core doesn't know when "name" is not used anymore and must be released
char *name = tdGetName(1);
tdReleaseString(name);
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies