scheduler and windows password

Moderator: Telldus

krokmor

scheduler and windows password

Post by krokmor »

:wave: Happy new Year to everyone!

I recently bought a Tellstick to pilot my Chacon/ Di-o devices of my home.
Well , it worked fine at first use! (I rarely have had such a chance !)

Looking further, I tried the Scheduler, and test was good. (We forget often to turn off the warm water circuit!!!)

But unfortunately, when I would save some schedules, I got the message that Scheduler cannot work in a Windows session with blank password.
There is my problem.
The computer used is reserved to Home, and monitors several devices such as Gsm home alarm, video dvr cameras, some devices with specific software......
For example, the dvr functions needs periodically a computer restart .
If a session password is requested, then everything is stopped until passw is entered. That s not the meaning of course: all systems must be active asap
(All the apps are reachable via Internet, and THERE strong passwords are used)
A very helpful solution is the use of VNC, to access remotely the pc.

I saw a temporary solution using TDTOOLS and Windows XP scheduler. will try.
But if there is a solution to use Scheduler with blank password.....

Afterwards, I will look for a program that allows scripts to command the Tellstick ( if 'evenment' then 'command or script execution, 'between hour--->hour')
Any suggestion?

A little outside this topic is the amazing use of Telldus Live : working without home lan server!
It works on my HTC HD2, but only for on/off command. dimmer possibility not accessible.
To have dimmer, must use my laptop, or VNC on my HTC.
Many thanks for the good work! I searched this a long time
Krokmor
tom_rosenback

Re: scheduler and windows password

Post by tom_rosenback »

You can have a password on Windows and have it autologin still. Depending on what Windows version you are using there are different ways of doing it. Google autologin windows or similar to find a solution.
//Tom

Senaste info och release om/av HomeAutomation hittas här http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
Latest info and release of HomeAutomation can be found here http://karpero.mine.nu/ha