Absolute dim levels with Nexa

Moderator: Telldus

geirgp

Absolute dim levels with Nexa

Post by geirgp »

Hi,

First, thanks for the great usb device. I've set up a number of waveman switches across our home and enjoy both scheduling on/off for heaters and lighting, as well as controlling them from my cell phone. Great stuff!

The waveman protocol does however have a limitation with dimmers, it can not send "dim up" or "dim down" signal - only "dim". The dimmer will dim up/and down as long as it is receiving a "dim" signal, which works fine for physical remotes where you let go of the button when the desired dim level has been reached. However, it is not possible to get the usb stick to send "dim to 70%" due to the nature of the protocol, hence it only supports on/off for waveman dimmers.

I came across this blog post that states that Telldus has found a way to do absolute dimming for Nexa receivers (I assume this is for the Tellstick).

http://nethomeserver.blogspot.com/2010/ ... level.html

Is that correct?

If yes I have some follow up questions as I want to replace my waveman dimmers with nexa dimmers: If absolute dimming is possible with nexa receivers i will replace my waveman dimmers.. :)

Thank you!

Geir
micke.prag
Site Admin

Re: Absolute dim levels with Nexa

Post by micke.prag »

Yes, this works with all selflearning dimmers. The old codeswitch won't work.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies