Can Duo update lastcmd/lastvalue sent from physical remotes?

Moderator: Telldus

geirgp

Can Duo update lastcmd/lastvalue sent from physical remotes?

Post by geirgp »

I am currently a happy owner of the Duo predecessor, theTellstick, which I use for scheduling switches, etc. I also integrated ith with OpenRemote (with help from pakerfeldt's remotestick) to control devices from Iphone/Android.

One obvious problem with the Tellstick is that it doesn't capture if someone uses physical wireless transmitters to switch/dim devices, hence statuses displayed on my smart phones are not guaranteed to be in sync with the actual state.

I use the telldus-core library's lastcmd and lastvalue to indicate switch/dimmer state, which works fine as long as all commands are issued from my smart phones or the scheduler. I'm wondering the Duo will capture signals from physical transmitters and update these values? If not, would it be hard to implement? It would severly improve the WAF if this is possible, and I'd definitely have to upgrade to the Duo :)

Thanks,

Geir
geirgp

Re: Can Duo update lastcmd/lastvalue sent from physical remo

Post by geirgp »

Would this feature be perhaps covered by the functionality discussed here? http://www.telldus.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1440
krambriw

Re: Can Duo update lastcmd/lastvalue sent from physical remo

Post by krambriw »

Yes, the TellStick Duo is capturing signals from remotes, wall switches etc as you describe. For TellStick Net it is said to be planned as a future feature.