Specific Chacon appliance not (yet) supported..

Moderator: Telldus

giantpopples

Specific Chacon appliance not (yet) supported..

Post by giantpopples »

Hi !

I recently bought 3 power socket and a remote from Chacon (ref. 54655 or EMW200TC/RC) which are not yet compatible with Tellstick.

It uses a SC2262 chip to encode the rf signal, opérating at 433,92Mhz, it claims to be PT2262 compatible. Some switches also have dimmer support but i don't have one.

I found some docs on the chip manufacturer site (http://sc-tech.cn/en/SC2262.pdf).

This is how they look like : Image

The remote can operate 4 switches, you have a wheel on the back where you choose A, B or C codes.

on the switch you also have a wheel with A1 to A4, B1 to B4, C1 to C4.

I don't know if it would be posible to make the tellstick compatible, i don't know what information you need but i would be glad to help !

The tellstick is great !!! (i use it with classic chacon switch with siple protocol, chacon advanced protocol and even some elro style switch.. )

Thank you very much !

Romain :wave:
giantpopples

Post by giantpopples »

Hi again !

I reply to myself.. I read in the sources of Tellstick that you incorporated the Everflourish products, and I found on a blog that the reference of my Chacon appliance are the same as Everflourish (EMW200T), so maybe my appliances work the same as these Image

I'll try to use your source code and I'll see if it's working :D
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Try to configure them as GAO->Codeswitch (if you are running TelldusCenter) or as risingsun if you run Linux.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
yaba

Re: Specific Chacon appliance not (yet) supported..

Post by yaba »

Hi,

Where can I find information about Chacon protocol?!
Thanks
giantpopples

Post by giantpopples »

Hi again !

Just a little up about those Chacon plugs, EMW200C, I tried several times the risingsun protocol on it and it definitely does not work..

It may use an updated version of the protocol, I don't know. These appliances also exists in dimmer plugs and are sold by chacon and Carrefour.

What kind of information do you need to see if the protocol is somewhat similar to the risingsun protocol ?

Thank you very much :)
valerie

Post by valerie »

Hello,

As you say, EMW200C is protocol from Everflourish, same as GAO, not Rising Sun.
Then you should try with GAO-Code Switch system, it should maybe work (if not, this is becasue Chacon version is little improved from GAO on Telldus).

Otherwise you can use "Classic Series" from Chacon which works well with the Telldus.
Zander

Post by Zander »

It looks that it has the same configuration of stuff. However, it's good to think that it make a proportion for that appliance. This might be an issue that can determine the same features of it.
andremoreira.fmup

Post by andremoreira.fmup »

Dear all, I also have the same Chacon model and it has been frustrating because I have not been able to use it with my Tellstick. Any news on further actualization of the telldus center software? Best regards, Andre
julien

Post by julien »

Hi,

I have also the same problem with the chacon 54655 :(
Romain or someone else, did you find the solution?

Thanks.

Julien
giantpopples

Post by giantpopples »

I still can't use these appliances with my tellstick, i have not found any solution for the moment.

I built a homemade RF receiver, but for the moment it is too noisy to capture the data sent by the Chacon Remote from this pack, so i can't try to find out the coding... :cry:
BrunoW

Post by BrunoW »

Also got a set. I saw the benefit of having a direct on/off button in case you want to start the appliance without the remote control near by. Costs € 9.90 At Carrfeour each. I got on branded Cahcon, One branded Carrefour, The Chacon remote operates both fine.
charonme

Post by charonme »

Hi, does anyone know what is the output voltage range on the chacon dimmers? I mean what is the minimal output voltage when the dimmer is dialed down (but not turned completely off yet)? Thanks.
koendevoegt

Post by koendevoegt »

Anybody got any further with these devices already? I made a small script that edits the /etc/tellstick.conf file for every possible combination of the everflourish and risingsun protocol and then tries to turn of the device. No luck. After letting this script run for the better part of the day the device remained on... Any further ideas of what to try?

I've got two Chacon sets. One with ref. 54655 and one with 99052. The included remotes are interchangeable. They both look identical to the one in the photo in the first post. The type on both is EMW200RC-F.

An other set I've got from Elro works just great.
randi

Post by randi »

Using tellstick Duo (firmware v4); I get led flashes when pressing the OFF buttons on the remote ; nothing when pressing ON.
Does this mean the firmware is dropping information it cannot understand ?
Any chance we can get this specific model supported in future firmwares ?
Or atleast a promiscious mode feature so we can hack our own commands in software ?

For info, I get the following info on /dev/ttyUSB0
(A1 OFF) : +Wprotocol:arctech;model:codeswitch;data:0x7F6;
(A2 OFF) : +Wprotocol:arctech;model:codeswitch;data:0x7EE;
(A3 OFF) : +Wprotocol:arctech;model:codeswitch;data:0x7DE;
(A4 OFF) : +Wprotocol:arctech;model:codeswitch;data:0x7BE;

Supporting this appliance would be great since it's low cost is perfect for beginners.