Scheduling in Linux

Moderator: Telldus

sleipner

Scheduling in Linux

Post by sleipner »

I've managed to install TelldusCenter 2.1.0 on Linux on an old notebook, and it seems to work.

Now I need someone to tell me how to get scheduling to work in Linux, like switching on devices at 22:00 in the evening, and switching them off again at 07:00 next morning.
Yoshi

Re: Scheduling in Linux

Post by Yoshi »

I am a very new user with Tellstick, but as far as I can tell you need to use cron for this.
I have installed gnome-schedule to have a fairly easy GUI and issue commands through tdtool that is included in the Telldus core.
sleipner

Post by sleipner »

Thanks a lot, I've got it working.

Compared to last winter when I run Telldus on Windows, I have a much more responsive and quieter PC (I'm using a 9 year old HP-laptop). I also found the setup with gnome-schedule much easier than the one from Windows-XP.
Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

Very nice!

I also tested a little bit with the latest software in Windows 7, don't recall that there was much of a difference now.
Anyway my intention was of course always running it on a Linux box, now running smooth on an old Asus Eee900.
sleipner

Post by sleipner »

Just one last thing...my old HP notebook didn't like the latest Ubuntu (11.04), so I'm running 10.04 LTS now.