Tellstick For Your Home Theater PC

Moderator: Telldus

moryoav

Tellstick For Your Home Theater PC

Post by moryoav »

Hello Everybody,

I recently restarted a project to bring Tellstick to the HTPC (Home Theater PC) using an excellent open source HTPC software - MediaPortal. Home Theater PC is just a fancy word for connecting your TV with a PC and letting that PC control your entertainment needs.

What's MediaPortal?
Once you connect a PC to your TV, MediaPortal allows you easy access to Music, Movies, TV-Shows, Live Television and Recordings, and much more. See screenshots here.

How does Tellstick integrate with MediaPortal?
The Tellstick Plugin for MediaPortal allows full control over the wireless receivers around the house from within MediaPortal and also allows automation - Dim lights while watching a movie, turn off lights while watching TV, turn on the disco ball while listening to music... :-) The possibilities are endless.

Where can you get the software?
MediaPortal is available for download here.
Tellstick Plugin for MediaPortal is available for download here.

Comments, suggestions and remarks are more than welcome!

(If someone could translate this message to Swedish and post it on the Allmänt forum, that could be great...)
Last edited by moryoav on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moryoav

Re: Tellstick For Your Home Theater PC

Post by moryoav »

I have restarted the development of this plugin:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/media ... post723778
Software and hardware solutions for the home theater PC (HTPC) at HTPCSolutions.com
moryoav

Re: Tellstick For Your Home Theater PC

Post by moryoav »

A new repository for my HTPC software, along with reviews and HTPC tips and tricks in my newly launched website at HTPCSolutions.com
There's still a lot of work to do, but it's a start...!
Software and hardware solutions for the home theater PC (HTPC) at HTPCSolutions.com