Getting started with plugins [BETA]

Moderator: Telldus

JLiljegren

Getting started with plugins [BETA]

Post by JLiljegren »

I was recently approved in the beta test of TellStick plugins (http://developer.telldus.com/beta/6) :D

Is there any documentation around the beta, e.g. how to use the plugins, what they can do etc?

I'm able to access to plugin page on my local TellStick device and installed the Sonos plugin as well as the Homekit plugin.
Now what? How do I "use" them? :?
I can't seem to find anything on the plugin page itself other than the ability to install plugins.
If I go to live.telldus.com there's nothing extra (that I've noticed) regarding these plugins.

What plugins have others tested and what's your experience?
fcorin

Re: Getting started with plugins [BETA]

Post by fcorin »

I have tested Pushover, Eliq and YR.

The data from Eliq and YR are visible on the sensor page at live.telldus.com

I'm using lua/pushover to send notifications, got started using the example found here: https://github.com/telldus/tellstick-lu ... er/plugins

I guess more examples will be added, until then all we got are the source code for the plugins: https://github.com/telldus/tellstick-server-plugins
--
Fredrik
kamsvag

Post by kamsvag »

Ok, so I'm far from knowing LUA. However, I read your script and did some changes in it. Now it reports all changes of device status. Just what I needed, so I thank you for making the script available.

Cheers!
kamsvag

Post by kamsvag »

Have you tried deploying your own plugins yet?

I've written a simple plugin that is supposed to go with a Lua script. It's a cheap ripoff of the Pushover plugin. What it does is relaying the message provided to a IP address and a port over UDP.
I'm just not sure how to deploy the package.

Should it all be a zip file or what format should it be?

Is there any 'HowTo' on the matter?
cskollevold

Post by cskollevold »

So, I now have the Yr and Sonos plugin both working, and especially Sonos plugin made the Telldus way more useful! Hopefully you'll keep on developing that with more functions and one that would help me would be if Telldus could detect status changes (basically I want to listen to music on multiple speakers, and then for all music to end as soon as the Playbar starts playing sound from the TV = being able to use status changes on the Sonos speakers as an input in Telldus live would be perfect).

My next struggle is the Homekit plugin - has anyone got it working yet?
gnrk

Post by gnrk »

I have fairly good success with several plugins. Yr, Sonos, Netatmo and also the Verisure-plugin is somewhat working. :)

But I'm not able to connect mye telldus-system to my Homekit-app on my iPhone. The tellstick is discovered, I get a message saying that the system I'm trying to connect isn't authorized and after I choose to proceed it gives me the the option to scan the identification code (8 digits) with the iPhone camera. This code is found when you click on the settings icon on the installd Homekit plugin on your Tellstick.net local access.

The scanning of the digists doesen't seem to work, as the app switches to manual enter mode. When I put in the telldus identification code as found behind the settings icon on the installed plugin the app starts the spinning/waiting symbol for some time (a minute or something), then I get a message saying that pairing/connection failed.

Is it something I am missing, and does anybody have other experiences? :?:
cskollevold

Post by cskollevold »

What you describe is my experience exactly, also hoping for someone having some tips! :-)
NiMi

Post by NiMi »

I have the same problem with the homekit plugin...
AndersGregow

Post by AndersGregow »

How do you install the plugin in your Tellstick?
kamsvag

Post by kamsvag »

Use a browser and surf to your device local ip 'http://[tellstick_ip]'
ch.mossberg

Post by ch.mossberg »

Trying to install the mqtt-client plugin. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
control freak

Post by control freak »

Did you ever find the mqtt-client?
ch.mossberg

Post by ch.mossberg »

control freak wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:40 pm Did you ever find the mqtt-client?
No I didn't. Thinking of maybe using my old Tellstick duo to kind of make my own. It's frustrating, feels so 2014 to be forced to pull data from the API every 5 seconds. That's how I've got it working right now. :shock:

Have you found anything? It was a while since I was looking around.
control freak

Post by control freak »

I have not decided yet which way I'll head but this thread looks interesting viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5494&sid=2eb7098eb ... daf8fe6ed5.
ch.mossberg

Post by ch.mossberg »

Yeah sure. But it's still behind the bottle neck of having to pull the data from Tellus on a certain interval. So if you want to use this for a PIR you'll have to wait for the node-red plugin to pull the data that takes at least 2 seconds. With a mqtt client on the Telldus device this would happen basically instantly.

That the problem for me, okay if you only want to read temperature, then 2 seconds is no problem. But as I mentioned, with a switch or a PIR, 2 seconds are a long time.
At least if you ask my wife... :lol: