Number of devices supported on a Tell Stick Net / ZNet

Moderator: Telldus

atokle

Number of devices supported on a Tell Stick Net / ZNet

Post by atokle »

Hi.

I'm new to this and have tried to look thru all documentation and technical specificatione to find how many devices a Tell Stick Net or Znet can control. But could not find it.

I also wonder about what's the difference between Tell Stick Net and ZNet. In the description of ZNet it says that ZNet can do all Net can do but in addition to 433MHz also support Z-Wave. But on the comparison page it says that ZNet don't support 433MHz. What is correct?

Best regards
etompau

Re: Number of devices supported on a Tell Stick Net / ZNet

Post by etompau »

The number of devices is only limited by the Telldus server system. I haven't seen any upper limits, so unless you have plans for hundreds of devices, your system will work OK.
Tellstick Net handles 433 MHz communication, both sending and receiving.
Tellstick Znet Lite handles Zwave (two way communication) and 433 MHz sending. No 433 MHz receiving. The Znet will also execute schedules and event when it's disconnected from the internet and Telldus Live system.
atokle

Post by atokle »

Thank you for answer. I have one follow up question.

I plan to use the Tell Stick to remotely switch on/off equipment, but also to read status. I.e. is the garage door open or locked.

Does this mean that I can use Z-wave both to control and read status, but with 433 I can only control, and not check current status.

What is the most common for devices. Is it 433MHz or Z-Wave
etompau

Post by etompau »

If you go for the Tellstick Znet Lite, you need to use a Z-wave compatible sensor (ie magnet contact etc) in order to read the status.
With the Tellstick Net, you need to use a 433 MHz sensor /magnet contact.

Both units can control 433 MHz wall switches.

Z-wave devices are more expensive, roughly three times higher price compared with a 433 MHz device, as the units have to be certified and the radio part/protocol is more elaborated, having higher security etc.
Can't say what system is the most used.
atokle

Post by atokle »

Thank you very much