Using both Telldus Live and Tellstick?

Moderator: Telldus

goashem

Using both Telldus Live and Tellstick?

Post by goashem »

I'm a happy owner of Telldus Live. But lately, I've been thinking if it's possible to have two Telldus controllers in the house.

I mean the Live device as well as an USB Tellstick connected to my Raspberry Pi. Would this be possible? Would it cause any interference? Would the temperature sensors and the socket controllers go crazy because of trying to cope with two controllers?
Zaman

Re: Using both Telldus Live and Tellstick?

Post by Zaman »

Usually not a problem if you can live with the two systems not always showing the correct state of the individual receivers.
What will happen is that both controllers will send signals to the receivers but if have a traditional Tellstick (not Duo) it will not detect the signals sent from Live! and thus that system will not be updated with the Live! information changes.
There are ofc ways to handle this by letting your software read information from Live! as well as store data regarding local changes.
Sensor information (temperature for example) will be read by anyone listening to the signal - there is no one unique receiver since this system is based on so called broadcasting (signal is sent regardless of if there is someone listening or not) so you have as many listeners as you like.

The only real interference you will experience is if both systems send signals at exactly the same time but that is fairly unlikely.
I'm running a Net and a traditional Tellstick at the same time and never really had any problems.
goashem

Re: Using both Telldus Live and Tellstick?

Post by goashem »

Thanks! My first plans for the Tellstick is just to make it control one lamp with a socket controller, which should be absolutely no problem based on the information you wrote...