Events not working properly

Moderator: Telldus

toaderv

Events not working properly

Post by toaderv »

Good morning everyone,
I have a telldus net controlling some lights but most important task is controlling my house heating system. For better temperature control I had to devices (one controlling a pellet burner and second one a booster relay); for each of them I have an ON and OFF event based on a sensor temperature condition. Conditions for burner are: at 24,8 should start and at 24,9 should stop.
Starting yesterday morning my events went crazy: sensor temp was 25 degrees, but telldus server send an ON signal to my burner OR sensor temp was 24,6 degrees and send an OFF signal to burner. I opened a ticket since last morning but no real answer yet. Some facts that I communicated to support team (but no feedback on them):
- there is a discrepancy between my time zone and devices log
- there is a discrepancy between time zone for real temperature senzor and what is in the temp log
- events are not using realt time temperature but those fake ones from the log: when I open the window to edit sensor temperature in condition tab reported temperature is not the real one.
Did someone has the same issue these days?
etompau

Re: Events not working properly

Post by etompau »

Do you really need to regulate your temperature within one tenth of a degree? . As a start, increase the on/off limits for the temperature to perhaps 1 or 2 degrees.
Also use > and < as limiter for the temperature trigger.
Here are some more tips for the event functions:
http://developer.telldus.com/blog/2014/ ... sor-events
toaderv

Post by toaderv »

difference between real time senzor value and telldus log
difference between real time senzor value and telldus log
1.png (139.58 KiB) Viewed 7583 times
That was the idea when I got this device: to regulate temp in such way that inside temp to be as constant as possible! I cannot use 1 or 2 degrees between tresholds because my heating system consist from a pellet burner in a 40Kw boiler and from the moment when I start the burner and the moment when I have heat inside, the house temp is already decreased 1 degrees, so the temperature will be too unbalanced, not necessary for me as adult, but for my 1 year old child! And even if I will use setings that you recommend, the real point is: will not work as long as telldus server is not taking into consideration real sensor value but the value from 2 hours ago!
cheers!
arneolav

Post by arneolav »

You will have trouble to get a sensor good enough.
Typical accuracy of 433mhz sensors readable by Telldus (and others) is ±0.5°C

I'm using two Oregon sensors to control my centralheating, one inside 0,4 degrees, and the other inside 1,0 degrees.
This is working pretty good.

Telldus update sensor values every minute, but may miss now and then;
This may be missing report from your sensor, delay in internett, delay at Telldus server.....
A lot of posible problems....
Have you set your timezone correct? TelldusLive -> MyLocations.

If the temperature is that important, you should use another type of sensor/ thermostat, type hard wire connected to the burner.
toaderv

Post by toaderv »

Setting my timezone is done from the moment when I installed the system.
I'm using a proove TSS320 sensors with described settings since last autumn;
of course at the beggining I had difficulties to find the best settings, however after days of trials I found the best ones.
You're right with delays in updating value from sensor, internet and server factors! But conditions are checked every 15 minutes and sensor updating interval is 3-15 minutes (based on my experience) so delays are limitated. But today' issue is clear comming from the server:
- in condition edit window, temperature of sensor (upper right area of pop-up window) was reported wrong (yesterday I saw is corect)
- server logic is upside-down. Example: sensor temp was 24,6; condition to run I set it to greater than 24,7. Server executed the event (condition turns to green). I changed condition to lower than 24,7 and Server didn't execute the event (condition turns to red).
- Sensor temperatures shown in android aplication are different than real ones (shown correct in internet explorer) see picture.

As long as since last autumn system succed to well manage my heating system I shoould not look for alternatives. The only condition is that servers to run properly! However best system would be, not necessary a wired unit, but a stand alone unit; Telldus met my requirements until now, but a stand-alone (and most probably z-wave) is now on my list for next winter from independency point of view.
Attachments
DSC_0925.JPG
DSC_0925.JPG (79.92 KiB) Viewed 7519 times
etompau

Post by etompau »

It seems that you have some problem with sensor update/radio signal. A sensor transmits it's signal roughly every minute, for a correct function of your heating system, you must ensure that you see the temperature is updated with this interval, without any drop-outs.
This is important for a correct function of your heating system.

The received temperature, is pushed instantaneously to the webpage (a delay of perhaps 500 mS), but the server stores the temp. every 10th minute. If you refresh the webpage you might then see the time stamp change a few minutes because of this.

I have not seen any report of "reversed logic" of event functions.

Pls note that the temperature value must pass the threshold value in order to trig the event (as described in the blog).
http://developer.telldus.com/blog/2013/ ... boundaries
toaderv

Post by toaderv »

Hi,
Telldus team changed allocation of my telldus net to another server and my events started to work properly!

For temp/time difference between IE and Android support team is saying that android application is updated every 10 minutes not pushed directly as in IE.

I'm using time triggered events as I totally disagree with the way how temperature threshold/rearm boundary is working. I'm trying to keep a temperature as flat as possible and risk is (was happened several times times) to wake up in the middle of the night in a could house because upper boundary was not passed, heating system failed to start and outside temp was -15 degrees....
Anyway I'm happy to see my system running again!