v3.0.1 released

http://karpero.mine.nu/ha

Moderators: Daniel, tom_rosenback, Telldus

akselg

Re: v3.0.1 released

Post by akselg »

I've installed HA on a windows machine using Xampp, and i get it to work for a brief time, i can turn on and off lights for a while, but scheduling does not work. And after a while the site becomes unresponsive and i need to restart the web server.

I can still access Xampps "homepage" so the program still runs. What might be the problem?
akselg

Post by akselg »

akselg wrote:I've installed HA on a windows machine using Xampp, and i get it to work for a brief time, i can turn on and off lights for a while, but scheduling does not work. And after a while the site becomes unresponsive and i need to restart the web server.

I can still access Xampps "homepage" so the program still runs. What might be the problem?
To answer myself. I did a clean install on another machine with Windows 7 and Xampp and now it seems to work flawlessly. Can be because of a more recent version of Xampp, speedier computer and fresh install.
badtastex

Post by badtastex »

I have been running HomeAutomation for 1½ years and just upgraded to the 3.0.1 version at the same time I also upgraded the Telldus software on my Raspbery PI.

I am glad to see now that humidity is handled by Tdtool and that it can be parsed into HomeAutomation. Great!
It seems however that the logview shows the humidity as degree C and not as % but I can live with that. ;)

Is it possible to extract the log data from HA in some way? Ideally I would like my Raspberry PI to automatically create a log file of all my sensors in the end of each month and store it on my NAS. I guess that this can be done by a Cron-job but I am not sure which files to access/how to do it.

Thanks!
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

badtastex wrote:It seems however that the logview shows the humidity as degree C and not as % but I can live with that. ;)
I can verify that wrong units are used in some places on the logview page. I think that's something that'd need Tom's attention to get fixed...
badtastex wrote:Is it possible to extract the log data from HA in some way? Ideally I would like my Raspberry PI to automatically create a log file of all my sensors in the end of each month and store it on my NAS. I guess that this can be done by a Cron-job but I am not sure which files to access/how to do it.
All sensor readings are stored in the database, in the table named "temps" (the name is a relic from the time when all sensor readings were temperatures), so in order to do anything fun with them you just have to read from there.

/Daniel
Senaste info och release om/av HomeAutomation hittas här http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
Latest info and release of HomeAutomation can be found here http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
badtastex

Post by badtastex »

Thanks for your quick reply Daniel.

Ofcourse - the data is in the SQL database, I did not think of that... Unfortunately that means an even steeper learning curve for me as a beginner in Linux but at least now I know where to look. Thanks!