"Scan remote" option unavailable in Telldus Live

Moderator: Telldus

johanm

"Scan remote" option unavailable in Telldus Live

Post by johanm »

I have a Tellstick Net, connected to Telldus Live.

There is an option "scan remote" which I assume is used to "scan" and map my physical remote control for my devices.

However this option is greyed out, and when I hoover over the button it states "Unable to establish a connection with Telldus Live!-servers. Remote control scan unavailable"

What to do? What to expect? Any pointers or hints?
etompau

Re: "Scan remote" option unavailable in Telldus Live

Post by etompau »

If your Net is working correctly i.e., on-line and can send commands to receivers, then the scan functions should work.
johanm

Post by johanm »

Well, my "Net" device works as expected via Telldus Live. I can send commands and read sensors etc.

However - no "scan"-functionality.. :-(

(See also my other post wrt fw version - I think I am on v4, tried to upgrade to v17 but "No luck" - not sure if this is related to the issue in this thread? Or have a common cause? How to troubleshoot? Any suggestions?)
etompau

Post by etompau »

Is it a brand new Net/installation? Has the scan button been greyed out all the time?
The scan function works with a Net running Fw V.4, so this should not be the problem.

Try clearing the cache memory in your browser, sometimes this can solve some obscure problems, otherwise ask Telldus:
http://www.telldus.se/support/index
johanm

Post by johanm »

Update and thanks.

It now works. In IE (internet explorer), not FF (firefox), not sure why (have tried empty cache etc)

Anyway - since I now can take the detour over IE when I want to scan remotes "I'm happy enough". (If anyone from Telldus is interest in further details in order to troubleshoot let me know)
Fenix

Post by Fenix »

With the latest upgrade of telldus live (Today) I cannot find the "Scan Remote" button any more.. Am I just blind or is it gone?
etompau

Post by etompau »

With todays update, you now have to select a transmitting device (door contact/IR sensor etc) before the scan option is shown.
Timwansdyke

Post by Timwansdyke »

I do no understand this, how and where can you select a device and scan the remote?
I have a variety of equipment most of which is Homeasy including 2 PIRs plus several remotes I am a PRO member. I want basically to detect on and off signals from these devices and update the status of the light or socket or whatever plus be able to trigger devices based on these signals. Is this possible, if so how? I normally use a windows 7 PC with IE but am happy to use an alternative browser if that is a restriction. I also have various apple devices iphone, ipad, ipod and access to an android device.
Thanks in advance for any help
etompau

Post by etompau »

Timwansdyke wrote:I do no understand this, how and where can you select a device and scan the remote?
I have a variety of equipment most of which is Homeasy including 2 PIRs plus several remotes I am a PRO member. I want basically to detect on and off signals from these devices and update the status of the light or socket or whatever plus be able to trigger devices based on these signals. Is this possible, if so how? I normally use a windows 7 PC with IE but am happy to use an alternative browser if that is a restriction. I also have various apple devices iphone, ipad, ipod and access to an android device.
Thanks in advance for any help
You have to add your PIR and remote in the Telldus Live, and then scan the unique house codes of each unit. Just follow the instruction son the screen ...
Then you should be able to see how the remote/IR lamp icone turns on/off when the PIR and remote is activated/de-activated.

You can then use these logical signals in the Event handling function for whatever function you want.
Timwansdyke

Post by Timwansdyke »

Thanks for the quick response, my problem is I do not know how to add a pir or switch in telldus live. The only options I get On the devices page is to add either a receiver or a group and on the sensors page I have a number of temp probes that I can edit but no option to add.
I am obviously missing something very basic, but would appreciate guidance.
Timwansdyke

Post by Timwansdyke »

Ok, just found the problem, home easy pir and remotes are not listed as devices whereas nexus ones are. Shall play with different settings and see if I can get a response.
etompau

Post by etompau »

N.B The Sensor section in Live will only show temperature/humidity/wind sensors, not transmitters like PIR and wall switches.

To add a PIR/wall switch/remote you simply:

1. Add new device, select 433 MHz devices.
2. Select the brand of your transmitter
3. Select type of transmitter
4. Enter a name
5. Now you trigger your switch/transmitter, and your Tellstick will receive the unique house code of the transmitting device.
Activate the transmitting device until the progress bar reaches 100% and the dialogue box closes.
trikola

Post by trikola »

A few weeks ago it was possible to register a NEXA PIR-sensor. And the sensor worked up to today.

A few days ago I tried to register a NEXA window/door sensor the same way: even I can see some blue flashing at the tellstick, obviously synchronized with my handling of the sensor parts, the progress/%-bar does not fill. Registration does not work. The sensor could be registered on a different system - so the problem seems to be on my side.

When I then enter the 'edit device' box and mouse-hover over the "scan transmitter"-button, the message "Unable to establish a direct connection to Telldus Life! servers.Remote control scan unavailable" pops up.

For testing I deleted the PIR-sensor too and tried to register it again - now it does not work anymore - the same effects as the door/window issue

Firmware: "TellStick Net v17"
OS: Windows 7 pro - was Windows XP a few weeks ago on the same hw; not sure if this change was in the meantime,
Browser: Chrome - now and earlier; just tried Firefox: same problem

Any idea?