With Tellstick Net, do we also need transmitters?

Moderator: Telldus

Tom_B

With Tellstick Net, do we also need transmitters?

Post by Tom_B »

This is probably a very noob question, but in my mind the Tellstick Net should be able to communicate directly with the receivers, and turn them on/off as desired. But I am guessing that this probably don't work, as you have to peer transmitter with receiver to get it to work, and then emulate the transmitter to effect the receiver.

Any chance of getting it to work without transmitters, or do we always need them?
Nautilus

Re: With Tellstick Net, do we also need transmitters?

Post by Nautilus »

Hi,

no you do no need any external transmitter, Telldus Net works as the transmitter. It is true that you can scan the "code" e.g. from an external remote and use the same via Telldus Live but it works just fine without any intermediary. Just add a new device in Telldus Live, then set the receiver to learning mode and press the learn (or On) button in Telldus Live to pair the receiver as the new device. If you have the old code system devices then set the house / area code manually in Telldus Live to correspond what is set on the receiver...:)
Tom_B

Post by Tom_B »

Ah great, that was what I was hoping for :)

One question then, since you know this well. I am using Nexa, and I have the switches (transmitters), the hidden receivers and also the plug-in receivers. If I want to communicate directly with a receiver and not go through the transmitter, what Device Type do I choose? Is it Self Learning on/off (dimmer) or is it Code Switch?

Thanks again for your reply, much appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, I found out. They are all Self Learning as far as I could see :)
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

Tom_B wrote:Ah great, that was what I was hoping for :)

One question then, since you know this well. I am using Nexa, and I have the switches (transmitters), the hidden receivers and also the plug-in receivers. If I want to communicate directly with a receiver and not go through the transmitter, what Device Type do I choose? Is it Self Learning on/off (dimmer) or is it Code Switch?

Thanks again for your reply, much appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, I found out. They are all Self Learning as far as I could see :)
Yes, I don't think they've sold the code switch types for a few years now.