Local 'Telldus Live' server

Moderator: Telldus

p3tecracknell

Re: Local 'Telldus Live' server

Post by p3tecracknell »

individual wrote:Any news for supporting Tellstick NET locally (on Synology NAS or Raspberry Pi? Ideally for a Synology NAS would be an installation package.
Unfortunately, the Tellstick NET is a completely different kettle of fish. It is set up to communicate via their servers only. Erijo has written a great python wrapper for it. If I used it, there wouldn't be much of a benefit as Tellprox would be communicating via the Telldus servers still. Unless you can think of a benefit, I don't think anyone would have a use for it?
individual

Post by individual »

I understand that there is a custom firmware that can be flashed which permits Tellstick Net to communicate with a local live server, instead of their cloud. Is in Telldus Doxygen, if I recall right. I wonder if that could be an answer to this question.
TellStick Net v17 controller
COCO Technology & Proove switches/dimmers
Oregon THGN132N & Proove sensors
Software: Tasker, Remotestick, Telldus Live, DomoSpeak, TelLIVE Remote, Tellmon
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

I do not own a Tellstick Live, so would be unable to get directly involved but would be happy to collaborate with anyone wishing to take this on.
Zero-G

Post by Zero-G »

Does anybody know a easy way to send every command twice to my devices?

Many of my devices only react if the command comes a second time.

I´m using Tellprox on my pi.

Thanks a lot
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

Zero-G wrote:Does anybody know a easy way to send every command twice to my devices?

Many of my devices only react if the command comes a second time.

I´m using Tellprox on my pi.

Thanks a lot
'Retries' are now implemented. I have not added it to the config screen as I plan on overhauling it fairly soon. Get latest from git, run it up and then:
1. Browse to API
2. Select 'config' and 'set'
3. Type 'retries' and set the value as desired.
4. Press Post
Zero-G

Post by Zero-G »

Damn, that's genius!
Thanks!
hugosp

Post by hugosp »

Hello great work with Tellprox , just curious how is it going with the scheduler ?
was trying to get remotestick working with tellprox but the scheduler dont seam to be activated
tjabas

Post by tjabas »

p3tecracknell wrote:Assuming you have the telldus service running on your Synology NAS, you should be able to git clone the repository, run setup and get it running:

git clone git://github.com/p3tecracknell/tellprox.git
python setup.py install
python -m tellprox

I'm fairly new to python and the setup.py process so there might be a dependency of two missing. I'm happy to help fix any problems. Unfortunately it does not support scheduling or events at the moment. It supports device and sensors at the moment
is it possible to get it to autostart when i restart the computer?
tjabas

Post by tjabas »

i also have another problem,

i use the tellprox with remotestick, it works just fine exept one thing, i usually have the remotestick on/off and temp widgets on my homescreen/tablet, but after about 10-15 minutes the on/off widget turns blank and says loading, but the temp sensor widget works just fine, i guess that the on/off widget needs to refreshed like the temp sensors when they uppgrade the temperatur.
is there a way to do this?
ontrose

Post by ontrose »

Hey man just wondering if you are still working on tellprox? Been using it for some time and it works really well, is there something i can do to help you? Dont rellay have any coding skills but still would really like to see it develop further
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

tjabas wrote:
p3tecracknell wrote:Assuming you have the telldus service running on your Synology NAS, you should be able to git clone the repository, run setup and get it running:

python setup.py install
python -m tellprox

I'm fairly new to python and the setup.py process so there might be a dependency of two missing. I'm happy to help fix any problems. Unfortunately it does not support scheduling or events at the moment. It supports device and sensors at the moment
Are you running on windows? I haven't written anything specific as it would require a solution for each OS. In Windows, my very brief solution is to create a text file (with extension .bat) containing
cd G:\GitHub\tellprox
python -m tellprox
I then create a shortcut in the startup folder:
C:\Users\*user*\appdata\roaming\Microsoft\windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

To be done properly it should really run as a Windows service, which I don't have time to look into at the moment.
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

tjabas wrote:i also have another problem,

i use the tellprox with remotestick, it works just fine exept one thing, i usually have the remotestick on/off and temp widgets on my homescreen/tablet, but after about 10-15 minutes the on/off widget turns blank and says loading, but the temp sensor widget works just fine, i guess that the on/off widget needs to refreshed like the temp sensors when they uppgrade the temperatur.
is there a way to do this?
Unfortunately I do not have any temperature devices to allow me to recreate this scenario. If you could get a log file I should be able to help I hope. It might be best to talk to the developer of remotestick to see if he can help you with them.
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

ontrose wrote:Hey man just wondering if you are still working on tellprox? Been using it for some time and it works really well, is there something i can do to help you? Dont rellay have any coding skills but still would really like to see it develop further
I am not actively developing it, but still use it so will work on something if I need it or an important change needed/requested. The code is open source so if you can find anyone who can contribute, they are welcome to suggest patches or fork it.
tjabas

Post by tjabas »

p3tecracknell wrote:
tjabas wrote:

python setup.py install
python -m tellprox

Are you running on windows? I haven't written anything specific as it would require a solution for each OS. In Windows, my very brief solution is to create a text file (with extension .bat) containing
cd G:\GitHub\tellprox
python -m tellprox
I then create a shortcut in the startup folder:
C:\Users\*user*\appdata\roaming\Microsoft\windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

To be done properly it should really run as a Windows service, which I don't have time to look into at the moment.
hi!

im using windows xp, i tried it and it worked very good, thank you so much.
individual

Post by individual »

I am willing to sponsor a Tellstick NET device if you can manage to have a "Live" service installed on a Synology NAS, even via Docker.
TellStick Net v17 controller
COCO Technology & Proove switches/dimmers
Oregon THGN132N & Proove sensors
Software: Tasker, Remotestick, Telldus Live, DomoSpeak, TelLIVE Remote, Tellmon