help for newbie

Moderator: Telldus

mnazmi

help for newbie

Post by mnazmi »

Hi. I am moving over from X10 to Home Easy (with advance RF Com) because I am fed up with fixing power line inteferences. In have spend several days reading from the net but have few questions still unanswered.

I am wanting to have a stand alone solution (as oppose to the net controller). This means raspberipi and tellstick duo. The are many projects but they all use the "simple protocol". Does any one know of projects using the advanced protocol? Also there are much for one way control, or rf from controller to sockets, but no two way communicating. That is sending commands from a transmitter to pi, then processing it, and then trending appropriate sequences of responses to sockets. Does telldus center has facilities for receiving RF with tellstick due?

Any thing you could say of your experiences or thoughts will be helpful to me. Many thanks.
simonbove

Re: help for newbie

Post by simonbove »

This protocol is only one way, but you can make your own 2 way, if you need to be sure a device is on. Modding a remote like these http://tellstick-net.wikia.com/wiki/NON ... ff_etc..)# are fairly easy, so when a device turns on, then it will send a command, thereby you can see a device is on, or use this one without modding - Nexa WBT-912...

Otherwise you need to buy z-wave for example where you get 2 way...