My home automation UI

Moderator: Telldus

marcoboy

My home automation UI

Post by marcoboy »

Just wanted to show you guys what I have been working on lately.

I had some callback problems (see the post http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4222). I just have to live with restrictions not being able to view switch state changes initiated from outside the web UI in real time. But at least the system works absolutely fine.

In this project I use:
- Telldus NET
- For controlling the switches: Old Samsung Tab 10.1's Chrome on the living room wall & iPhone's Mobile Safari & Desktop browser
- Server with Pear OAuth and Live PHP API
- Client side UI using the jQuery, PubNub, Css animations & Toastr notifications

Screenshot of the UI:
lights.png
lights.png (28.86 KiB) Viewed 8800 times
marcoboy

Re: My home automation UI

Post by marcoboy »

A small temperature meter added with some history values... (Random values used, still waiting for the actual sensor to arrive)
tempreature-graph.png
tempreature-graph.png (10.62 KiB) Viewed 8726 times
simonbove

Post by simonbove »

marcoboy wrote:A small temperature meter added with some history values... (Random values used, still waiting for the actual sensor to arrive)
tempreature-graph.png
Which sensor are you going to use?

Nice ui btw
marcoboy

Post by marcoboy »

simonbove wrote:
marcoboy wrote:A small temperature meter added with some history values... (Random values used, still waiting for the actual sensor to arrive)
tempreature-graph.png

Nice ui btw

One of these for the start (13,5€/pcs) http://www.clasohlson.com/fi/L%C3%A4mp% ... ri/36-1797
simonbove

Post by simonbove »

marcoboy wrote:
simonbove wrote:
tempreature-graph.png

Nice ui btw

One of these for the start (13,5€/pcs) http://www.clasohlson.com/fi/L%C3%A4mp% ... ri/36-1797
Nice, would love to be able to buy these but the delivery would cost around 80 dollars just to denmark :-\
marcoboy

Post by marcoboy »

@simonbove That is seriously expensive. I have always thought that the sensors (wireless with humidity sensors etc.) would be expensive here in Finland too, but was surprised by the "cheapness". Although the quality is EXTREMELY plasticky.

Here's a small update:

- History values are now real and updating once every 15min.
- 75 values shown at once.
- Graph drawing managed with Flot (Some serious Array action right there). Done with automatic scaling of scale (15,20,25,30).
- Values are saved with php to a JSON string and fetched from there.

I should probably next combine the temperature and humidity to the same graph.
temperature-with-histogram.png
temperature-with-histogram.png (20.16 KiB) Viewed 8605 times