New web site tellmon.net

Moderator: Telldus

paaland

New web site tellmon.net

Post by paaland »

I've created and released an initial version of a web site that lets you control and monitor your Tellstick Live devices and sensors.
It's an initial / beta release, so things might not work and they will change as I release new versions.

For now you can toggle your devices on and off as well as see the current values of sensors. I'm using Telldus's push API so that sensor values are automatically pushed to the web site and you can see a graph of how the values has changed over time.

Image Image

Stuff that works:
- Logon with your telldus account
- See your devices, their status and toggle on/off
- See your sensors, their current and historical value (when the system has accumulated your data over time)
- Support for multiple locations
- Statistics (high, low, average etc).

Stuff that's missing:
- Data export (I'm going to create a service so that you can export your sensor reading)

Known bugs:
- History graph on sensor values is not automatically updated like the values in the grid. You need to click on the sensor again to update the graph.
- Device and sensors groups are not yet supported

Please have a look. It's free. The url is: http://tellmon.net

For feedback and support please go to: http://tellmon.userecho.com/
Last edited by paaland on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
paaland

Re: New web site tellmon.net

Post by paaland »

Version history:

b -> Bug fix
n -> New feature

n Support for alerts (email) when sensor values crosses a set limit

27.02.2014 12:00
n Finally we have timezone support
n New we page design
n Support for wireless energy meter from FooGadgets

12.02.2014 16:00
b Fixed issue with location dropdown. Now you should be able to change location if you have more than one registered.

11.02.2014 22:00
n Graphs on devices as well. Note: Tellstick will not always detect device state when you use the
remote to turn on/off. It depends on if you have programmed Tellstick to use same code as the
remote or not. Commands issued through telldusliv or tellmon are logged and visible.
b Lots of minor bug fixes. Still an issue with multiple locations. I'm about to get access to another location so I can fix this.

07.02.2014 14:00
b Fixed a bug that caused the sensor graph to fail in Firefox.

05.02.2014 23:11
b Fixed a bug that causes a crash first time sensors were shown for new users
n Added sensor statistics

04.02.2014 23:10
n Added ability to select day, week and month on sensor graphs
b Fixed repeated logging of unchanged sensor values (will now only log when actual value has changed)

31-01.2014 22:40
b Fixed error when device or sensor had no name
Last edited by paaland on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
erijo

Post by erijo »

Got the following error when trying it out:

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Name', table 'Tellmon.dbo.Sensor'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.

(None of my sensors have a name.)
Python wrapper for Telldus Core: tellcore-py
Python wrapper for Telldus Live: tellive-py
paaland

Post by paaland »

Thank you for the error report. A new version has been pushed that supports devices and sensors without name.
erijo

Post by erijo »

Works now, thanks!
Python wrapper for Telldus Core: tellcore-py
Python wrapper for Telldus Live: tellive-py
LarsChr

Post by LarsChr »

Looks very interesting! Looking forward to trying it out. I am new to this system, how is this different from telldus live own web service?

Best regards

Lars
paaland

Post by paaland »

The main difference is that Telldus live pages offers events and schedules. And has support for alerts (in pro version).
Tellmon.net has monitoring and can display previous sensor data as well as statistics.

I'm working on adding more and more featurs to tellmon.net. And in the future I hope to add even more features that are not available on Telldus live.
loa46

Post by loa46 »

The graph don't work properly in firefox, tested in IE and safari (iPhone) without problems.
Just for knowledge... :)
paaland

Post by paaland »

loa46 wrote:The graph don't work properly in firefox, tested in IE and safari (iPhone) without problems.
Just for knowledge... :)
Thank you for letting me know. I've identified and fixed the issue that cause it to fail in firefox.
misterleffe

Post by misterleffe »

Have tried your website at telldon.net and first time it worked very well and I could see my devices and sensors. But I had to reorganize my sensors, so I deleted my location i Telldus Live and made a new location. This went well and now I can see all my sensors and devices and their new names in Telldus Live. So far so good ...

I went to telldon.net and logged in for having a look at my sensors and devices there. Now the problem!!

If I look at my sensors (same for devices), I will get a error message: error:undefined I loggoed out and in again, but same problem. I did empty my cookies and made a new log in. Same problem ... Same problem in Firefox.

Do you have any suggestion how to handle the problem?

/misterleffe
jejo72

Post by jejo72 »

I got the same error "error:undefined" when i try to access devices.
Sensor works fine. I tried it on an iPad iOS 7.0.4

/Jesper
paaland

Post by paaland »

Can you two please PM me your user names on TellMon (i.e. email-addresses)? That way I can have a look at the data. Perhaps you have a device or sensor configuration that I don't yet support.
misterleffe

Post by misterleffe »

paaland wrote:Can you two please PM me your user names on TellMon (i.e. email-addresses)? That way I can have a look at the data. Perhaps you have a device or sensor configuration that I don't yet support.
I try to find out how to PM you, but I can't find out how ... If I click at your username I thougth I might send you an PM ...

/misterleffe
paaland

Post by paaland »

Sorry about that. This being a phpBB forum I just assumed one could send PM's. Obviously they have disabled it. Please use the feedback feature on Tellmon:

http://tellmon.net/Feedback.aspx

Also I've fixed some bugs. So please check is you still have the issue.
simonbove

Post by simonbove »

Looks nice :-)