Tellstick.net not getting IP address

Moderator: Telldus

colin1983

Tellstick.net not getting IP address

Post by colin1983 »

Hi
I have recently bought a tellsick.net but cannot get it to connect to my router. When I plug it all in, the network port lights flash, then after a few minutes the tellstick lights up red. I have looked for this fault and found the red led indicates that it is trying to obtain an IP address.

If anyone has had similar problems or knows why this is, any help would be much appreciated.

The router is a BT Home Hub 2.0
Tellsick.net is of batch 12592

Thanks
Colin
RH_Dreambox

Re: Tellstick.net not getting IP address

Post by RH_Dreambox »

Is DHCP Active on your router?
Have you tried to register your Tellstick Net on Telldus Live?
You can not use it before it is registred on Telldus server.
Tellstick - Tellstick Duo - Tellstick Net - Oregon TNGN132N - Raspberry - Z-Wave (RaZberry) - Fibaro HC2 http://www.temp.swedenroots.se/
colin1983

Post by colin1983 »

Hi, yes DHCP is active on my router. The tellstick has been activated. I have just plugged it in again and watched the devices page on my router manager, when the tellstick first starts up it comes up as a connected device and all is well but after a few minutes it lights up red and the manager says its not connected. If I unplug the tellstick and the plug it back in it goes straight to red without trying to connect. Only if it is unplugged for a few hours does it try again.

Thanks
Colin
RH_Dreambox

Post by RH_Dreambox »

Did you have any problems before or during registration or did the problem starts after registrations?
Try with another network Cable if you have one.
Tellstick - Tellstick Duo - Tellstick Net - Oregon TNGN132N - Raspberry - Z-Wave (RaZberry) - Fibaro HC2 http://www.temp.swedenroots.se/
colin1983

Post by colin1983 »

When I first installed it I was on the laptop in a different room to my router so I didn't see what it did but once I activated it by entering the activation code the status came up as offline on tellsitck live and I couldn't add any devices.

I have just changed the network cable to one I've just tested to be fully working. I have also connected the USB lead to the plug provided rather than taking power from the routers USB port. Even though the tellstick has been completely unplugged for approximate 24 hours it again goes straight to red with no lights flashing on the network port.

Thanks
Colin
RH_Dreambox

Post by RH_Dreambox »

Strange, I have only two ideas now. The router disconnect your Tellstick for some reason or the Tellstick is broken.
Submit a Ticket on the support page or go to your Tellstick shop and get a new one.
colin1983

Post by colin1983 »

Hello, just thought I'd finish off this post incase anyone is having the same problems. After trying the tellstick on different routers/networks I finally took it back to the shop for replacing. The new one worked perfect first time so the fault was with the tellstick. A thank you to RH_dreambox for all your efforts as well.