Local 'Telldus Live' server

Moderator: Telldus

p3tecracknell

Local 'Telldus Live' server

Post by p3tecracknell »

I have been playing around with a local replacement for Telldus Live.

It is in the early stages, written in Python and published on GitHub at
https://github.com/p3tecracknell/tellprox

There is currently no authentication at all, but support for most device functions. I believe at this stage it only supports GET (I haven't tested POST).

You can define various (and hopefully obvious) settings in config.ini.

It is only tested on Windows using Python 2.7 at the moment.

Any or all feedback gratefully received.

Cheers

Pete
lugiber

Re: Local 'Telldus Live' server

Post by lugiber »

Just tried this with ubuntu 12.10 and it works great!
Except that i don't get any sensor information. I'm not sure why, i guess that it gets the sensor/light information from tdtool.
This is what i get in the terminal:

Code: Select all

tdtool --list
SENSORS:

PROTOCOL            	MODEL               	ID   	TEMP 	HUMIDITY	LAST UPDATED        
mandolyn            	temperaturehumidity 	12   	-23.2°	61%     	2013-05-02 11:50:40 
mandolyn            	temperaturehumidity 	13   	29.2°	29%     	2013-05-02 11:51:11 
mandolyn            	temperaturehumidity 	21   	7.1°	33%     	2013-05-02 08:43:16 
mandolyn            	temperaturehumidity 	14   	22.0°	27%     	2013-05-02 11:51:20 
mandolyn            	temperaturehumidity 	11   	5.0°	63%     	2013-05-02 11:51:10 

But the sensors doesn't show up in the app (Remotestick)

This is the debug output when trying to access the sensors:

Code: Select all

cust.bredbandsbolaget.se - - [02/May/2013 11:41:30] "GET /json/sensors/list HTTP/1.1" 200 14
cust.bredbandsbolaget.se - - [02/May/2013 11:41:33] "GET /json/devices/list?supportedMethods=1023 HTTP/1.1" 200 2293
Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Or how i can debug this further.
Thanks!

/Peter
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

I wrote the following on GitHub:

My mistake, I should have explained in the text describing the project. Essentially I have not implemented sensors yet. As I do not own any, I have moved it down the priority list as it would be harder to implement without the opportunity to test.

I am happy to write the code to the best of my ability if you are happy to test?
lugiber

Post by lugiber »

Thanks!
Lets continue this on github and keep this thread clean.

/Peter
individual

Post by individual »

I am willing and ready to install it on Synology NAS if you could guide me through. Does it support schedulling, at least? If not Events?
TellStick Net v17 controller
COCO Technology & Proove switches/dimmers
Oregon THGN132N & Proove sensors
Software: Tasker, Remotestick, Telldus Live, DomoSpeak, TelLIVE Remote, Tellmon
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

Assuming you have the telldus service running on your Synology NAS, you should be able to git clone the repository, run setup and get it running:

git clone git://github.com/p3tecracknell/tellprox.git
python setup.py install
python -m tellprox

I'm fairly new to python and the setup.py process so there might be a dependency of two missing. I'm happy to help fix any problems. Unfortunately it does not support scheduling or events at the moment. It supports device and sensors at the moment
Mheel

Post by Mheel »

I have linux server ubuntu 12.04 and i like to give tellprox a try. How do i redirect the tellstick net to tellprox instead of telldus live?
Does the sensor input work?
Kind regards Mheel
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

Mheel wrote:I have linux server ubuntu 12.04 and i like to give tellprox a try. How do i redirect the tellstick net to tellprox instead of telldus live?
Kind regards Mheel
The sensor input works for the standard Tellstick in tellprox, but I have not written any support for tellstick net yet. I did not realise there is support for the Tellstick Net over local networks, but there is:
http://developer.telldus.com/doxygen/ht ... ckNet.html

It appears, you would have to flash the Tellstick Net:
https://github.com/telldus/tellstick-net

The method of communicating with the Tellstick Net is different in that you would be communicating over UDP as opposed to directly with the device (via the library). What would be ideal is if we could persuade Erijo to extend his tellcore-py library to support Tellstick Net. Then tellprox would just work out of the box!
Ankan

Post by Ankan »

Can you put up tellprox as a proxy between TellStick NET and Telldus Live or is it just the name that lurks one?
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

Ankan wrote:Can you put up tellprox as a proxy between TellStick NET and Telldus Live or is it just the name that lurks one?
No, it does not support TellStick NET in any way at the moment. As I do not own one and I am happy with my original TellStick, my only reason for purchasing one would be to add support for it. My project is open source on GitHub so people can feel free to contribute. That said, TellProx allows me to run the Telldus Live clone on my TL-WR703N which cost £13.
Zero-G

Post by Zero-G »

Hey everyone,
hope that i could find help here.

I want u use tellprox on my Raspberry Pi to use Remotestick on my Android devices.
At this point i have problems to install tellprox.

I´m using the installationmanual here.

Alfter the following comand
$sudo python setup.py install
i get this error message
Installed /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/configobj-4.7.0-py2.7.egg
error: Could not find required distribution validate==1.0.1
if i execute the next step
$python -m tellprox
i get this
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tellprox-0.28-py2.7.egg/tellprox/__main__.py", line 15, in <module>
from tellstick import TellstickAPI
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tellprox-0.28-py2.7.egg/tellprox/tellstick.py", line 2, in <module>
from tellcore.constants import *
ImportError: No module named tellcore.constants
Hope anybody know my mistake and can help me.
And Yes i´m newbie at this ;)

Telldus-core works fine btw.

Thanks a lot.
simonbove

Post by simonbove »

p3tecracknell wrote:
Mheel wrote:I have linux server ubuntu 12.04 and i like to give tellprox a try. How do i redirect the tellstick net to tellprox instead of telldus live?
Kind regards Mheel
The sensor input works for the standard Tellstick in tellprox, but I have not written any support for tellstick net yet. I did not realise there is support for the Tellstick Net over local networks, but there is:
http://developer.telldus.com/doxygen/ht ... ckNet.html

It appears, you would have to flash the Tellstick Net:
https://github.com/telldus/tellstick-net

The method of communicating with the Tellstick Net is different in that you would be communicating over UDP as opposed to directly with the device (via the library). What would be ideal is if we could persuade Erijo to extend his tellcore-py library to support Tellstick Net. Then tellprox would just work out of the box!
This Enrijo guy, who is he? A telldus developer or private developer? I would love support for tellstick net, but im no use in developing things like this :/
p3tecracknell

Post by p3tecracknell »

It appears that I got the casing wrong in the setup.py and didn't notice the problem. I've switched to using VirtualEnv so can pick up on problems now. If you get latest from github and run setup.py it should all work now
Last edited by p3tecracknell on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zero-G

Post by Zero-G »

Many many thanks for your work.

Greetings from Germany
individual

Post by individual »

Any news for supporting Tellstick NET locally (on Synology NAS or Raspberry Pi)? Ideally for a Synology NAS would be an installation package.
TellStick Net v17 controller
COCO Technology & Proove switches/dimmers
Oregon THGN132N & Proove sensors
Software: Tasker, Remotestick, Telldus Live, DomoSpeak, TelLIVE Remote, Tellmon