One or more sockets with Raspberry Pi

Moderator: Telldus

GMawston

One or more sockets with Raspberry Pi

Post by GMawston »

Hello All

It's been a while but I have been tinkering still. However I have now got another problem.

I don't appear to be able to have more than one socket to control. My conf file is below:

Code: Select all

user = "pi"
group = "plugdev"
ignoreControllerConfirmation = "false"
device {
  id = 1
  name = "Fan"
  protocol = "arctech"
  model = "selflearning-switch"
  parameters {
    house = "1"
    unit = "1"
  }
}

device {
  id = 101
  name = "Fan2"
  protocol = "arctech"
  model = "selflearning-switch"
  parameters {
    house = "2"
    unit = "2"
  }
}
In a previous post I was able to pair up the first plug using:

tdtool -e 1
However try as I might to follow the same instructions for the second plug I can not get it to operate in the same way. The closest I do get is using:

tdtool -e 101
Yet this seems just to turn the plug on and then do nothing much else.

For reference the plugs are the Home Easy HE830 version with the Arctech protocol.

I hope someone can help with this before I start tearing hair out!
GMawston

Re: One or more sockets with Raspberry Pi

Post by GMawston »

Well folks at the time of reposting there appears to have been 148 people interested. Well I can happily say I cracked it. So what was the problem......

The issue that I found was the pairing of the plugs using the tdtool --learn 1 or tdtool -e 1 is slightly sensitive to the signal quality. So when I paired my first plug it virtually next to where the transmitter was but the other plug was slightly further away (ok the opposite side of the house but we don't have a big house). To resolve this I got a 5 gang extension cable and paired each one after another making sure that I had the other plugs switched off and paired one plug at a time.

So the trick is to pair the plugs close by the tellstick and just follow the learn and then turn on and off.

I will post a video online shortly of it working with my custom build for the buttons. I know I could use the image that someone has created on here but I like to understand all levels from the ground up.

I hope this helps those 148 people who have looked at this post. :)
GMawston

Re: One or more sockets with Raspberry Pi

Post by GMawston »

Ok here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zJ_bquwQA

Nothing major but it gives you an idea of what can be done.