How to add units in groups?

http://magneroald.no/athome/index.html

Moderators: magner, Telldus

Cicaro

How to add units in groups?

Post by Cicaro »

Hi

Bought your app since I wanted to group my different units into own groups. However i can create new groups but I can't move any of my units into the new group? Is this a flaw in the app, a function to be in the future or can't I find the right way of doing it? (I have not selected use telldus groups since I want to do it only in the app)

/O
magner

Re: How to add units in groups?

Post by magner »

Hi,

Thanks for using the app.

- The newly created group is placed at the bottom of the list. Use the drag handle (Three horisontal lines) to the right on each item to drag (Klick and hold + drag) an item between groups or just to reposition inside the group.

Regards
Magne
Cicaro

Post by Cicaro »

Thanks! I was fooled by the possibilities to change name of the group after going into a unit in the group! I looked at the wrong place :shock: :D :clap:

Then at once two more questions since I'll probably will move onto using the app as primary app for my system. Either function requests or something you thought of and it's only me who can't realise how to do it.

1. I have a few units I would like to have in two groups at the same time. Is it possible to achieve too?
(It's window lights that I would like both in a group with all window light in my home due to being for my flowers but at the same time in the group created for the specific room)
2. Are the local groups supposed to sync over iCloud?
magner

Post by magner »

1. Only by using telldus groups. You can create telldus groups from within the app and add any item to that. Same item can be a part of several telldus groups.
2. No. Local groups are per device. I may add an option to sync all to all devices later.

Regards
Magne
Cicaro

Post by Cicaro »

:-) Thanks! Your fast responses made me figure everything out and start using the app instead of regretting buying it! Now I'm looking forward for what you have in the next version and I already told my friends to get your app!

And for anyone wanting to the the same thing as me with the groups. I found a solution to get same unit in two groups without using Telldus groups. I created a new congregated unit with only one unit within at Telldus live. Then I could put the congregated unit in one group and the original unit in another :wave: :clap:

Now everything is in fine working order. Time to go looking for new hardware. A RGB-dimmer and more outdoor lightning!

Best regards
Cicaro