Post by mgk »

Ex, Telldus On/off Switch = range 30m.
In reality < 5m. Why?
(My house is made of Wood)
Not happy!

Best Regards
Magnus
atchoo

Re: Z-wave - catastrophic wireless range?

Post by atchoo »

Same issue here. I have tried to swap the antenna with the one from my Tellstick.net, but it´s not working at all if the device (on/off) is more than 5m away from the router. I have no other interfering routers or Bluetooth devices in the same room, and my Tellstick.net have app. 25 meters excellent coverage, from the exact same spot.

I have used Telldus devices since 2012 and I REALLY respect the people behind the Telldus brand, and I enjoy exploring the APIs and so on, but I gotta say the Znet Lite was not working for me at all - especially concidering that it´s a 1 way device (433 mhz), and the fact that I´m better off using my 5 years old Tellstick USB stick (I still have 433mhz devices only), with superior coverage compared with the Znet Lite.

All in all, the Znet Lite was a major disapointment for me, and I don´t have the extra cash to buy the improved MKII version. I´m back to Tellstick.net & USB stick. :roll:
etompau

Post by etompau »

You should address this kind of problem either directly to the re-seller or with Telldus support. http://support.telldus.com/

The Z-wave hardware consist of a licensed chip and should fulfil the Z-wave specifications. Also, as far as I know, the external antenna is only for the 433 MHz band, the TX/RX part for the Z-wave has a PCB mounted antenna.
dico

Post by dico »

https://drzwave.wordpress.com/2017/01/2 ... consumers/

My Telldus covers my whole house by repeating signal (mesh) through on/off devices.