Basic Remotestick-Tasker question

Moderator: Telldus

LarsChr

Basic Remotestick-Tasker question

Post by LarsChr »

Hi,
I am new to Tasker and Remotestick.
I have a magnetic switch from ebay which sends an "off-command" to my tellstick net.

I would like to have the switch automaticly turned on after a few seconds and a pop-up on my phone letting me know that the magnetic switch is triggered.

Hoe do i go about doing this?

I have created an Event in telldus live which automatically turn the switch back on if the switch is turned off.

Now i need tasker to alert me every time this happens.
simonbove

Re: Basic Remotestick-Tasker question

Post by simonbove »

The way i went about this is:

First i created a event on telldus live which goes to a URL from Autoremote (Tasker plugin)
When autoremote sees that someone (telldus) have accesed the url, it then in tells tasker that it got activated.
In tasker i have a profile which reacts on a Autoremote event with a custom message (won't tell you what it says :P ) and it will start the task.

For example when im not at home it will make a notification that someone is in my apartment (vibrate for long and a loud sound from the phone if it's not in silent mode, if it's in silent mode it will only vibrate), it will then start a siren i have running on 12V in my apartment, then it will start to turn the lights on and off for 20 minutes while my IP camera will take pictures every 5 seconds. It will as well turn the sensors (magnetic switches and motion sensor) back On.

If im home it will do nothing other than turning the sensors back On.

The phone knows im home when im close to my wifi network, this is the most power saving mode for my phone (GPS is using a lot of battery, and cell tower is not precise enough to my taste)

So in your case you could do allmost the same, just make a pop up notification instead of all my fancy settings :P and a task to turn the sensors back On.

I would recommend you using autoremote, it's great for a lot of stuff..

Remember to remove the s in https when you paste the link into telldus live, since telldus will only call a http address :)

If you have specific quistions about how you are setting this up, just write, then i will do my best explaining it to you, but i won't upload my profiles since it's a security concern ;-)
LarsChr

Post by LarsChr »

Thanks, great, I will look in to it during the weekend :)
simonbove

Re:

Post by simonbove »

LarsChr wrote:Thanks, great, I will look in to it during the weekend :)
Sweet :-) Have fun :-)
LarsChr

Post by LarsChr »

Hi,
Is there any reason why this set up should not work?
1. Live telldus - event turns switch back on after turned off

2. Create a profile in tasker In which is activated when state of given switch is set to 2 (on)
simonbove

Re:

Post by simonbove »

LarsChr wrote:Hi,
Is there any reason why this set up should not work?
1. Live telldus - event turns switch back on after turned off

2. Create a profile in tasker In which is activated when state of given switch is set to 2 (on)
I have'nt tried it, since i was afraid that it would turn the sensor back On, before it could go to the url so tasker would end up not knowing if anything have happened.

But i haven't tried, so cannot confirm or not.
simonbove

Post by simonbove »

Alright now i have added all the sensors to the events, so they will turn on again directly from telldus. One problem is that if the sensor gets activated again before the timeout delay, then the sensor wont turn on again, so either we have to set the delay to 1 sec, or have a backup trigger in tasker which makes sure all sensors are turned on. Right now i have a profile which sends on command every 3 hours and when im leaving my wifi, but if you have a better idea, im listening :-)
LarsChr

Post by LarsChr »

I am currently testing this, however maybe not much different from the autoremote:

Telldus live:
1. Trigger: "when switch turned off" (when trigg signal sent from magnet switch)
2. Conditions: None
3: Actions:
A. "Turn switch on" -
Delay: 180s - 180 seconds, approx maxtime to get in through the door so it won rearm before the door is shut ;)
Type: Continue
B. "Send email to emailadress"

Tasker and Android:
K9 Email client and tasker activation
When k9 recieves a new email in a specific account, tasker will trigger a pop-up notification on my phone.
- Should work with email from specific sender with specific topic as well, but have not managed to get this working yet.

I have telldus send an email every time the switch is turned off. I have a free email account dedicated for this purpose and K-9 mail client (which can be used in tasker).
The e-mails provide a log as well.

As for the sensors not turning back on again, maybe you could adjust the "minimum repeat interval"? I am not sure i understand what you mean here. :)