"Da House Control"

Moderator: Telldus

Tasle

"Da House Control"

Post by Tasle »

Da House Control should be ready for a closer look on http://tore.aasli.net/blog/?p=152

This is a home control program developed with Delphi and is using a Tellstick Duo, and runs on a Windows (7) PC to control my home.
Tasle

Re: "Da House Control"

Post by Tasle »

Update:

(Please scroll down on the blog page (the link from my first post on this subforum) to see these two updates)

Added to information pieces:
1) A time stamp to show the next update based on the update interval.
2) An Energy Savings indicator, to show the energy you are saving at the moment.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

I do not see that this is an open source project?

Generally, for home automation, I do not touch any software anymore that is not open source or bundled with the hw product. Look at the bad example of SwitchKing, where we users are left without any future developments. The risk is too high with a one-man-show
Tasle

Post by Tasle »

Well, I am not doing this control program for you, my friend. I develop it for my own purpose to control switches in my own home and it does so very well. If anyone else would be interested in my system and has similar requirements, that's nice.

As such, I'm not interested in giving you the source code and the program itself. It's like an artist's song performance, if you don't like it you can always find another song or performer that's more suitable according to your special requirements. But to claim the copyrights and all as well...?

Sorry to hear that you have had bad experiences with other systems. You should develop a control program to suit your requirements. :D

If you have any special suggestion, don’t hesitate to let me know.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Well, in that case, I suggest to keep it for your self, why make so much noise? Your blog is maybe where you should keep marketing of your stuff.

I have been developing & contributing in open source projects the last 8 years so I know what value it is having a community behind. Because things will go wrong, like it or not.

Good luck, but this is nothing for me, thanks,

Best regards, Walter
Tore

Post by Tore »

Hi Tore

I have also startet on a Delphi Project with Tellstick an have a question for you.

Hva you used the API below in your Delphi project?

•tdRegisterDeviceEvent()
•tdRegisterDeviceChangeEvent()
•tdRegisterRawDeviceEvent()
•tdRegisterSensorEvent()
Tasle

Post by Tasle »

I am not sure what you mean with "Hva you used the API below in your Delphi project?" Can you elaborate?

I do not use these functions. What I do to avoid some programming, is to register a switch (for example) with Telldus Center. Telldus Center updates the windows registry with a new switch or sensor and its ID. After this, the switch (or whatever) is ready for use with its sensor ID in a Delphi program.

This means that you can switch a switch ON or OFF according to your needs. If you make a database for all your switches and sensors, it's easier to read its latest state (on or off, or temperatur /humidity).

I have programmed a refresh interval for the whole system of switches and sensors. Every 10 minutes (user settings) the program traverses all switches and sensors to read their status, temperatures and humidity. All this by functions from http://developer.telldus.com/doxygen/gr ... 45a11eb48a

For example a temperature sensor is database connected to a switch: If the temperature is below its setting, it is switched on to increase temperature, and so on.

Since there are just a few switches and sensors (not thousands of them), I use SQLite with Delphi to store values and switch statuses. MySQL is also an option, or even flat database tables.
Admin010

Post by Admin010 »

thanks