Anyone here also on EventGhost forums?

Moderator: Telldus

strips

Anyone here also on EventGhost forums?

Post by strips »

Hi,

Can someone here also on EventGhost forums please help me?

Not really the right place to ask but I can not find out where to ask for help. Since I use EventGhost and Tellstick together here is as good as any.

I'm not able to register on the EventGhost forums and there is no other contact information. They have an obvious issue with the "cpatcha" system and it won't approve my answer. So I'm unable to contact them.

If you want to help me I can PM you my registration info and maybe they can invite me or something.

Thanks
Stian
krambriw

Re: Anyone here also on EventGhost forums?

Post by krambriw »

What you need help with?

I'm also on the EG forum and I am the most recent author of the TellStickDuo plugin
strips

Sv: Anyone here also on EventGhost forums?

Post by strips »

krambriw wrote:What you need help with?

I'm also on the EG forum and I am the most recent author of the TellStickDuo plugin
Great.

Sending you PM if it's OK.

What I have problems with it the GoodMorning and GoodNight telldus actions.

When I trigger GoodMorning I want the light to slowly dim up over some time. But if I trigger a manual on/off/dim event I want the GoodMorning to stop. I have added the stop action but the lights gets turned off. I want it to just stop doing anything.
Snip20141002_1.png
Snip20141002_1.png (42.24 KiB) Viewed 9153 times
Snip20141002_2.png
Snip20141002_2.png (40.35 KiB) Viewed 9153 times
Snip20141002_3.png
Snip20141002_3.png (34.51 KiB) Viewed 9153 times
Edit: Seems I can not send PMs on this forum :o
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Hello Strips,
If you really need to PM me you can do it in the SwitchKing forum (until you get registered at EG forum, I do not know really what is the problem over there but I think I read they are working to solve it).

But in general, it is better to keep the discussion public, there might be other users interested in the solution ;)

Anyway, I understand the issue, I think, but I will check, that once a GoodXX has started, it is running to the end. I will look into the code and come back, hopefully with a solution

Best regards, Walter
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

It is supposed to stop all running ones and it does when I try...but it sets the dimmer to off. This is a bug, thank you for finding it. I fixed it and you can check results from my log below (I configured a 1 minute GoodNight and GoodMorning that I stopped). When I looked in Telldus center, the dim level was left as it was when stopped.

Attached is the fixed version that you can try, I leave the dimmer in the state it is when you stop it (as the original intention was).
__init__.zip
(12.84 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Best regards, Walter

Code: Select all

19:35:17   TellStickDuo: GoodNight: dimmer
19:35:18   TellStickDuo.dimmer.DIM u"selflearning-dimmer:nexa.2.100"
19:35:38   TellStickDuo.dimmer.DIM u"selflearning-dimmer:nexa.2.67"
19:35:40   TellStickDuo: Stop all running Good Night schedules
19:35:40   Stopping all running Good Night schedules...
19:35:57   Good Night action finished
19:35:57   TellStickDuo.Good Night action finished: dimmer '2'

Code: Select all

19:38:51   TellStickDuo: GoodMorning: dimmer
19:38:52   TellStickDuo.dimmer.DIM u"selflearning-dimmer:nexa.2.0"
19:39:12   TellStickDuo.dimmer.DIM u"selflearning-dimmer:nexa.2.34"
19:39:32   TellStickDuo.dimmer.DIM u"selflearning-dimmer:nexa.2.67"
19:39:33   TellStickDuo: Stop all running Good Morning schedules
19:39:33   Stopping all running Good Morning schedules...
19:39:51   Good Morning action finished
19:39:51   TellStickDuo.Good Morning action finished: dimmer '2'
strips

Post by strips »

Thanks!

Just tested the fix and it works. Now I can stop a GoodXX and it stops at current dim level.

Uncovered another problem with my scenario.

When I trigger GoodNight it first dims lights to 100% before slowly dimming down. Is it possible to dim down from the current dim level?

And I completely agree with you to keep any plugin discussion public. I only thought to PM you about my registration problems on EventGhost forum. I have sent PM on SwitchKing forum.
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

I think that's a good suggestion. In the attached version I have improved and implemented the feature as follows
- configurable max level for GoodMorning action
- selectable option for the GoodNight action to start dimming from the current known (as in Telldus Center presented) level

Please try and see how it works for you (here it is working)

You have to re-create the actions in EG due to compatibility (maybe is enough to open configuration dialog for them and accept, otherwise delete the action and add it again)

Best regards, Walter
__init__.zip
(13.23 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
PS Jag vet inte om jag är så förtjust i dimmerns beteende, min lampa börjar lysa svagt redan när man dimmar 0%...
strips

Post by strips »

Hei Walter,

I have not been able to play around with this for a while. I did a tryout of the GoodMorning / night actions but didn't work out when scheduling it. I might be doing it wrong because when I try to trigger the functions manually they work fine.

I need to test some more before concluding anything.

Anyways, I have some questions in new thread here: http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4774.

Takk for bra arbeid!
Stian

PS. Får fortsatt ikke registrert meg på EventGhost sitt forum. Captcha for registrering virker fortsatt ikke.