TellStick Net - Local usage

Moderator: Telldus

patrikSE

TellStick Net - Local usage

Post by patrikSE »

I am kinda curious to start development against the net for local usage. But there is a few questions that I have tried to found out on all the homepages for the past days but I have still not yet found it out ;) Hopefully you can shead some light on this things;

TellStick Net - Firmware for "push" - For Events! I guess you have implemented a newer version of the firmware - or am I misstaken? - Are the solution to get information from sensors and such a pure pull from the serverside? (Sending the protocol and waiting for answer? For my first few atempts I hoped that connecting to the UDP and then start hitting remotes would proceede some kind of protocol beeing sent to my connected client - but no. -> So it's not built like a raw streaming net connected device.

I have updated my firmware to the v12, but I am having a hard time comparing that to the firmware that is in the GIT, are they not published for the public side or am I missing something? ;)

Sorry to say Im not a C++ or C developer (even if I have no trouble reading the code itself and understanding) I am a pure .NET developer. So the local solution would in that case be an .NET implementation of the telldus-core with some more "plugin" based solution for Protocol.

I do not know if this is the right forum to start the discussion about this? Please get me some hints on where to start searching ;)

/patrik gustafsson