PowerShell based cmdlets / Commands

Moderator: Telldus

Masonit

Re: PowerShell based cmdlets / Commands

Post by Masonit »

I think if it would be possible to trigger re-fresh of status, then that would be great. But the "hack" stuff I think is best to leave out of the module.. :)

\Masonit
ArneG

Post by ArneG »

Set-TDSensor -NewName can not be used to delete the name (set it to blank) ?!
c8h10n4o2

Post by c8h10n4o2 »

ArneG wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:37 pm Set-TDSensor -NewName can not be used to delete the name (set it to blank) ?!
Seems you're right. I can't get the API explorer to clear the name of a sensor either. If I post a empty value using the Telldus Live! web page it does set the name of the sensor to "(no name)", but as soon as a I refresh the page the old name is back.

So not entirely sure it's possible to clear the name, or I've misunderstood something.

What would be the use case of that?
ArneG

Post by ArneG »

It's no big deal anyway. I like to have ignored sensors with no name :D
In my case it's about the fact that some of my sensors get a new ID when I change batteries. The old sensor ID hangs in there (in Telldus Live sensorlist) for a long time before it's removed due to lack of new readings. For such old sensors I prefer to set Ignore on, set history off and also set a blank name. I'd like to automate that process. Anyway I can do it all manually on web-site, but not via AutomatD (ignore and history works fine, but not the blank name thing). The solution will be setting the name to 'something' other than an empty string, I guess :D