Is it possible to use Tellstick.Net with 3rd party now?

Moderator: Telldus

Mastiff

Is it possible to use Tellstick.Net with 3rd party now?

Post by Mastiff »

I need something that can be contacted remotely, but I'm a little bit hesitant to use the .Net since that will be at the mercy of a company. Few companies lives forever, and corporate priorities change. So I don't think I can be absolutely sure that the online system for the Tellstick.Net will be there forever. I have seen a few posts here about using the Net with 3d party programs, is that now possible, or will it be possible, say within a year? Thanks in advance!
micke.prag
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to use Tellstick.Net with 3rd party now?

Post by micke.prag »

The (Android application) RemoteStick and (iPhone application) TellEvent are both thirdparty applications.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Thanks, but don't they just go via the Telldus online system? Or are they connecting directly to the unit? Because that's what I really meant...
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Well, I got the RemoteStick, and it works nicely with Telldus live, but the question remains: Are there any 3rd party (server) software that can control the Tellstick.Net directly?
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Brilliant solution, thanks! Unfortunately I can't code myself out of a brown paper bag, but I'm sure there will come something fun from that soon, with so many wizards of code out there. :mrgreen: Very nice company policy, btw. Maybe you could try to infect Apple with a bit of that? ;) Then I actually would consider not spitting on the floor every time my daughter takes out or mentions her iPhone... My wife would probably appreciate that as well. :lol: