Tellstick Net udp listening

Moderator: Telldus

dirtv

Tellstick Net udp listening

Post by dirtv »

Hi,

first I would like to thank you for that great product and mainly to open you protocol.

My question is about tellstick net protocol,

I have been successful to discover my tellstick net over udp broadcast and I would like to know how to listen to it.
To explain a little bit more, i have a remote control for my intertechno switches and since the status of them automatically update on live when i switch them with the remote,
i guess that tellstick net is able to listen to the commands I send with the remote and to send them to live.

So would it be possible to get a way to listen to the tellstick net over udp in local lan?
If yes what port would it be?

Thank you very much for your answers, and please pardon me for my English.

Dirtv
dirtv

Re: Tellstick Net udp listening

Post by dirtv »

I must also add that via wireshark I do not see any udp message when i use the remote.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

This is a work-in-progress project. In order to have local access you currently need a custom compiled firmware. And the reception part is not working yet either.

Read more:
http://developer.telldus.com/ticket/114
http://developer.telldus.com/blog/2012/ ... n-firmware
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
dirtv

Post by dirtv »

So for now, there is no equivalent of telldus-core RawDeviceEvent for tellstick Net?

And do you have an idea of when would that be possible?

And tried making the custom firmware but it ended like that:

[ 0%] Compiling discovery.c
Licensed for evaluation purposes only.
This licence will expire on Thu, 03 May 2012.
HI-TECH C Compiler for PIC18 MCUs (PRO Mode) V9.80
Copyright (C) 2011 Microchip Technology Inc.
/home/dirtv/tellsticknet/tellstick-net/tcpip/TCPIP Stack/Compiler.h: 167: (111) redefining preprocessor macro "Nop" (/home/dirtv/hitech/include/pic18.h: 41) (warning)
/home/dirtv/tellsticknet/tellstick-net/tcpip/TCPIP Stack/Compiler.h: 168: (111) redefining preprocessor macro "ClrWdt" (/home/dirtv/hitech/include/pic18.h: 39) (warning)
/home/dirtv/tellsticknet/tellstick-net/tcpip/TCPIP Stack/Compiler.h: 169: (111) redefining preprocessor macro "Reset" (/home/dirtv/hitech/include/pic18.h: 43) (warning)
/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:148: error[984]: type redeclared
/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:148: error[1098]: conflicting declarations for variable "ltoa" (/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:151)
/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:149: error[984]: type redeclared
/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:149: error[1098]: conflicting declarations for variable "ultoa" (/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:152)
/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:148: error[984]: type redeclared
/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:148: error[1098]: conflicting declarations for variable "ltoa" (/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:151)
/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:149: error[984]: type redeclared
/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:149: error[1098]: conflicting declarations for variable "ultoa" (/home/dirtv/hitech/include/stdlib.h:152)
make[2]: *** [discovery.p1] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/TellStickNet.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

May it be because my version of tellstick net is 2?

Thank you for your answer!
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

dirtv wrote:So for now, there is no equivalent of telldus-core RawDeviceEvent for tellstick Net?
Not without a custom firmware.

I don't know if there is something different in later version of the compiler? We have tried the following versions with success:

Code: Select all

$ picc18 --help
HI-TECH C PRO for the PIC18 MCU Family (Lite)  V9.63PL3
and

Code: Select all

$ picc18 --help
HI-TECH C PRO for the PIC18 MCU Family (Lite) V9.65
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Just tried the 9.80 version and got the exact same problems as you.
http://developer.telldus.com/ticket/206
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
dirtv

Post by dirtv »

Ok now it's working,
so firmware X installed!

But still no packet seen in wireshark while using the remote.
When you said "a" custom firmware, you didn't mean that custom firmware or?

Would it be possible to have a little bit more documentation of what could be done with this firmware?

I've seen that there are some tcp/ip files, would that mean that a connection should be instantiated to get tellstick Net output?

Thanks again!
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

After almost a day trying to get the 9.80 version to compile the firmware, this is the results.
Microchip has added a "C18 Compatibility mode" which the tcp/ip stack unintentionally (?) sets. This breaks the build. Enabling this mode globally on the whole projects breaks everything. The solution for now is to either use an older version (9.63PL3, 9.65 and 9.66 tested) or wait for a patched tcp/ip stack from Microchip.
Older version can be found here:
http://www.htsoft.com/downloads/archive.php
dirtv wrote:But still no packet seen in wireshark while using the remote.
No, please read what I wrote above:
micke.prag wrote:This is a work-in-progress project. In order to have local access you currently need a custom compiled firmware. And the reception part is not working yet either.
So, you can send commands, not receive from remotes. The reception is actually already there, it just doesn't send anything on the network.
dirtv wrote:Would it be possible to have a little bit more documentation of what could be done with this firmware?
http://developer.telldus.com/doxygen/TellStickNet.html
You can also try the sample client application found in the client folder.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
dirtv

Post by dirtv »

Ok thanks for the link but i ve seen them already,
I will wait for the reception part in that case and till then i'll just use live!

And yes, i built the firmware with the 9.63 compiler