Tellstick Duo with Waveman under Linux

Moderator: Telldus

Pugo

Tellstick Duo with Waveman under Linux

Post by Pugo »

I have done some initial tests with the Tellstick Duo that you very kindly sent to me for testing. I am running everything on a Debian Linux box.

I have been able to load the ftdi_sio module with correct parameters to get it detect the Duo. This far I have been trying with the latest (as in latest yesterday) version of telldus_core, revision 512. After some trouble I managed to compile the libtelldus library and rfcmd.

When trying to communicate with the Duo I am able to see the received data when I press buttons on my Waveman remote. A strange thing though is that the Duo detects this as Sartano data, not Waveman, for example:

Code: Select all

+Rprotocol:sartano;code:0000101110;method:turnoff;
As I have understood it this data comes from the Duo, without anything changed by the FTDI serial hardware and driver.

Will you be able to better detect the protocol with newer Duo firmware?

I haven't spent time deciphering if I can get correct housecode, and channel with the 10 bits of data in the Sartano protocol. At least there are bits enough.

About sending I haven't been successful this far. I have tried using rfcmd with the Waveman protocol which seems successful when running, but it doesn't switch any outlets on or off.

I have successfully controlled a normal Telltick, but that was with an older version of the software. Will do some more trying later.

Sending data to ttyUSB0 doesn't seem to do anything, but I guess the protocol is more sofisticated than the random characters I tried. :)

Is there any official work on Linux support at this point?
Will it be possible to upgrade the firmware inside the Duo?

-- Anders K.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

The data for some codes of Waveman and Sartano is actually exact the sam. You can even use a Sartano remote to control the Waveman switches.
The reason the Duo doesn't report them as Waveman is because the protocol isn't implemented yet. When it is, it will report each signal twice. Once for Sartano and once for Waveman.

And, yes. The firmware is upgradable on the Duo...
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
pfspontus

Re:

Post by pfspontus »

micke.prag wrote:The data for some codes of Waveman and Sartano is actually exact the sam. You can even use a Sartano remote to control the Waveman switches.
The reason the Duo doesn't report them as Waveman is because the protocol isn't implemented yet. When it is, it will report each signal twice. Once for Sartano and once for Waveman.

And, yes. The firmware is upgradable on the Duo...
Micke,

I assume that goes for the "method:turnoff;" aswell. When can we expect an update to the firmware?

/Pontus