Accessing local web interface

Moderator: Telldus

cskollevold

Accessing local web interface

Post by cskollevold »

Not sure if this belongs in beta-testing, but I was recently accepted to the newest beta and am trying to access the local web interface for the first time. I've found the local IP of my Tellstick ZNet V1 (10.0.0.34), however when putting this address into the address bar on my browser I simply get a "website not available" error. Pinging the same IP works fine and I get responses.

My Tellstick runs "TellStick ZNet Lite v1.0.11-75-g5b33b2f". What I haven't tried yet is to connect to the Tellstick directly using an ethernet cable, is this required (I'm using a 2-in-1 without ethernet so this might cause issues)? Or could there be any other reasons?
etompau

Re: Accessing local web interface

Post by etompau »

It seems that your are using the external IP address (from your ISP), you need to use the internal IP-address of your Tellstick supplied by your router (often 192.168.xxx.xxx).
kamsvag

Post by kamsvag »

Nah, 10.x.x.x/8 is within the private address span. Just like 192.168.x.x/16 and 172.16.x.x/12. The address is most likely fine, if you feel unsecure, try using 'Advanced IP Scanner' and see what you'll find.
cskollevold

Post by cskollevold »

Yeah, advanced IP scanner gives the same adress with the name "OpenWRT" and a MAC address matching the one printed on the back of the Tellstick. So IP should be good.

I'm using a ZyXEL P8702N supplied by Telenor (in case there are other Norwegians with the same router here) - looking for some sort of setting that might be blocking access now. Hopefully someone has an idea, though!
kamsvag

Post by kamsvag »

Well, if your IP within the same scope as your Tellstick you shouldn't have a problem with the router.

Try and SSH to the device. You should get a command prompt but you should not be able to access to commandlevel. If you do, contact Telldus support and they can remotely access your device and update it. You realy should be able to access a HTTP interface. I guess you've tried all the classic ones, reboot etc?
ambijens

Post by ambijens »

I've had the same problem. A support ticket to telldus and some remote voodoo from them solved it. The back side of beta testing!
geirbakkw

Post by geirbakkw »

Have you tried adding http:// before the ip address? Some web browsers does not doe that automaticly.
cskollevold

Post by cskollevold »

So, I put in a support ticket to Telldus and got this reply:

Try to access using port 8080 instead:
http://10.0.0.34:8080

And that worked (i.e. of others have the same problem then this might be your solution).