Events from wall/light switches

Moderator: Telldus

brenningen

Events from wall/light switches

Post by brenningen »

Hi,

are events supposed to work for all or only for beta testers? The latest info I can find are several months old.

I've got a Nexa LWST-615 I wan't to use to switch on/off all the lights on one floor but no triggers/actions/conditions are configurable in Telldus Live!

-Eivind
etompau

Re: Events from wall/light switches

Post by etompau »

All users of Tellstick Net should since several weeks have the new Event functions enabled on their accounts.
When you log on to your account you should see the section " My Events, if not you may contact Telldus for assistance.
brenningen

Post by brenningen »

Hi,

I do have the events and I can add events. But I can't configure them. Hover over the icons produces help text but clicking them doesn't do anything.

Using Chrome 31.0.1650.63 m

-Eivind
etompau

Post by etompau »

Try clearing the cache memory of your browser.
rodak

Post by rodak »

You should not click, you have to drag and drop the icons :-)
Betongtøffel

Post by Betongtøffel »

I want to use a wall switch together with Live! the same way as Eivind; to trigger an event to switch on/off everything in a room or on a whole floor. I found some old posts (2011-2013) saying wall switches couldn't be used as sensors yet. Is this function still not implemented? My Tellstick Net flashes when I use the Nexa wall switches, so it can obviously detect the signals, but Live! won't register them as a sensors.

I can't drag and drop trigger functions in Events. Is that because I haven't registered any sensors?
My home cinema light automation: Tellstick Net, dimmers and switches from Nexa and Waveman, Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc with Tellstick Net XBMC plugin. Everything is controlled by the TV remote using CEC.
simonbove

Post by simonbove »

Betongtøffel wrote:I want to use a wall switch together with Live! the same way as Eivind; to trigger an event to switch on/off everything in a room or on a whole floor. I found some old posts (2011-2013) saying wall switches couldn't be used as sensors yet. Is this function still not implemented? My Tellstick Net flashes when I use the Nexa wall switches, so it can obviously detect the signals, but Live! won't register them as a sensors.

I can't drag and drop trigger functions in Events. Is that because I haven't registered any sensors?
you need to registre the nexa switch in live and then make the events... its possible
Betongtøffel

Post by Betongtøffel »

simonbove wrote:you need to registre the nexa switch in live and then make the events... its possible
Yeah, you're right. I had a lot of trouble, though: After trying the same obvious things over and over, I eventually managed to register the light switch. I don't think I did something different when it finally worked. I could however still not drag and drop the buttons to make events. I tried again now - several hours later from my office - and now the drag and drop worked. I have no idea if my problems were my own mistakes, an incompatibility issue with my home PC, or if Live! had a really slow day. :? I'm looking forward to testing if it actually works when I get home tonight. 8)

EDIT: I got home and it works perfectly! The drag and drop problems still persist on my home PC, though. :banghead: I'm using Chrome 33.0 on Windows 8.1.
My home cinema light automation: Tellstick Net, dimmers and switches from Nexa and Waveman, Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc with Tellstick Net XBMC plugin. Everything is controlled by the TV remote using CEC.
simonbove

Post by simonbove »

Betongtøffel wrote:
simonbove wrote:you need to registre the nexa switch in live and then make the events... its possible
Yeah, you're right. I had a lot of trouble, though: After trying the same obvious things over and over, I eventually managed to register the light switch. I don't think I did something different when it finally worked. I could however still not drag and drop the buttons to make events. I tried again now - several hours later from my office - and now the drag and drop worked. I have no idea if my problems were my own mistakes, an incompatibility issue with my home PC, or if Live! had a really slow day. :? I'm looking forward to testing if it actually works when I get home tonight. 8)

EDIT: I got home and it works perfectly! The drag and drop problems still persist on my home PC, though. :banghead: I'm using Chrome 33.0 on Windows 8.1.
There are problems with chrome sometimes,try another browser.glad its working for you now