Adding a Motion/Magnetic Sensor

Moderator: Telldus

mechanimal82

Adding a Motion/Magnetic Sensor

Post by mechanimal82 »

Hi all,

I feel like a right idiot, but for some reason adding my sensors doesn't seem to be working. What am I missing? Can anyone help me so that I can start using the events on Tellstic NET?

I have the Nexa LMST-606 magnetic switch and the Nexa MDT-507 motion sensor. unfortunately the instruction included are not in English and I can't seem to piece together how to add these. What I've tried is....

Create a new device in Live
Select Nexa Self Learning On/Off
Don't touch the housecode or unitcode and press 'scan remote'
trigger the sensor
Save

Is there something I should be changing on the devices? Has anyone managed to add either of these? If so, any help would be gladly accepted and appreciated.

Sorry for being stupid. Bet I'll kick myself when someone gives me the answer.
marbo

Re: Adding a Motion/Magnetic Sensor

Post by marbo »

Maybe you have to update your firmware? I have to do that with my Duo.
mechanimal82

Post by mechanimal82 »

marbo wrote:Maybe you have to update your firmware? I have to do that with my Duo.
I forgot to mention, I'm running the beta firmware that was posted on the blog earlier on in the year. I believe this is the current latest firmware available.
etompau

Post by etompau »

mechanimal82 wrote:Hi all,

I feel like a right idiot, but for some reason adding my sensors doesn't seem to be working. What am I missing? Can anyone help me so that I can start using the events on Tellstic NET?

I have the Nexa LMST-606 magnetic switch and the Nexa MDT-507 motion sensor. unfortunately the instruction included are not in English and I can't seem to piece together how to add these. What I've tried is....

Create a new device in Live
Select Nexa Self Learning On/Off
Don't touch the housecode or unitcode and press 'scan remote'
trigger the sensor
Save

Is there something I should be changing on the devices? Has anyone managed to add either of these? If so, any help would be gladly accepted and appreciated.

Sorry for being stupid. Bet I'll kick myself when someone gives me the answer.
What you describe is the correct way of reading/scanning the house code and update Live the code. When you trigger the magnetic switch/IR detector you Tellstick Net should flash with blue light and the new house cod will be presented on the screen.
You could always try the scanning function with a remote control as well.