Smartwares SH5-RBS-10A, Raspberry Pi, Tellstick DUO

Moderator: Telldus

max95

Smartwares SH5-RBS-10A, Raspberry Pi, Tellstick DUO

Post by max95 »

I have a Tellstick DUO installed on a Raspberry Pi. I bought several Smartwares Smarthome selflearning switches. I'm trying to get them to work. I cannot however make the receiver to learn the code from the tellstick. It works with a Proove dimmer. If I remember correctly, it worked with TelldusCenter on MAC, but the generated codes were in some strange font (looked like arabic or hebrew). I cannot test anymore, since I upgraded MAC OS and Telldus center doesn't work anymore. Here is my tellstick.conf excerpt:

#TEST
device {
id = 19
name = "Test"
protocol = "arctech"
model = "selflearning-switch"
parameters {
house = "123456"
unit = "5"
}
}

The funny thing is, that if I set the unit number to 16 or above, all my Smarware switches turn on or off when issuing the "tdtool -n 19" or "tdtool -f 19" commnd.
Does anyone have any clue, how to get the SH5-RBS-10A to work?

Thx
max95

Re: Smartwares SH5-RBS-10A, Raspberry Pi, Tellstick DUO

Post by max95 »

I found an old Mac meanwhile where TelldusCenter is working. The learn function doesn't work there either, but I could Scan the transmitters and then use the scanned house and unit numbers in my tellstick.conf file to make it work. It would be however nice to have the learn function as well, I plan to have receivers that are operated purely via software, without having a physical transmitter paired with them. I would gladly investigate the learning algorithm of the transmitters if someone points me to how to read raw input from the tellstick ....