TellStick Duo On Raspberry Pi (WITHOUT TELLDUS CENTER)

Moderator: Telldus

User

TellStick Duo On Raspberry Pi (WITHOUT TELLDUS CENTER)

Post by User »

Hi everyone,

I'm a student and I'm currently working on Tellduc devices, the TellStick Duo.
I'm working both with the TelldusCenter, to "test" if it works, and then, with a application, in Java for the moment, which allows me to control the system. The "system" is composed of a TellStick Duo, a remote actuator and a temperature sensor, and the application allow me to set a temperature, and control the temperature of a room. If the real temperature is higher than the one set, the remote actuator will turn off. If it's not, it will turn on.

This application is currently working on my windows, but I have to carry it on a Raspberry Pi.
So I installed all the software for the TellStick Duo and tried it with the TelldusCenter, and it works !
But, when I want to use it on my application, I can't see any device..

My application is succesfully compiling and running, but I can't see devices. it might be caused by this :

The application is using the jstick library. I installed it and I think I did all what was needed, so I don't understand and I'm coming here to get some help..

krambriw

Re: TellStick Duo On Raspberry Pi (WITHOUT TELLDUS CENTER)

Post by krambriw »

Good exercise!

First of all, the project Node-RED could be of interest for you and specifically the node-red-contrib-tellstick. It's all open source so could study the code in detail (javascript & html)
https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-red- ... -tellstick

In that thread there is an important step describing how to make Telldus available to the distribution, see code below. Could be worth following that unless you already have done that

Suggestion to your application, don't forget to add a hysteresis to avoid the actuator going crazy switching on/off around the setpoint :wave:

Good luck!
Walter

PS Does the jstick demo application work?

Code: Select all

#
# Make Telldus available to the distribution
#
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
# add the following line (without the #):
# deb http://download.telldus.com/debian/ stable main

#
# Download and install Telldus repository key
#
wget -q http://download.telldus.se/debian/telldus-public.key -O- | sudo apt-key add -

#
# Update the repository
#
sudo apt-get update

#
# Install telldus-core AND libtelldus-core-dev
#
sudo apt-get install telldus-core libtelldus-core-dev
User

Re: TellStick Duo On Raspberry Pi (WITHOUT TELLDUS CENTER)

Post by User »

Hey !

Thanks for your answer :)

I'll check this project !

About my problem, I resolved it on friday. I just had to change something in the code.
I mean, in the original code, for windows, the application was calling the library with this syntax : "TelldusCore". However, on linux/raspberry, that was another name : "telldus-core".
So now, apprently it's ok, it finds the library. However, the application still doesn't work.. :D. Another problem which comes from the fact that on this application, devices and sensors seems to not be recognized.. :(.

But I had to unistall and reinstall the tellduscenter and the telldus soft on my raspberry today, because the telldus center was not recognizing the Tellstick Duo anymore... So, wait and see, I'll have to investigate about this, and I'll probably post another screenshot soon if I can't find the solution.