TelldusCenter on Raspberry Pi 2

Moderator: Telldus

ksm3036

TelldusCenter on Raspberry Pi 2

Post by ksm3036 »

I am running the latest Raspbian 2015-05-05 wheezy image, kernel 3.18.

Using most of the instructions on https://blogg.itslav.nu/?p=875, I successfully installed telldus-core 2.1.2-1:

Code: Select all

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/telldus.list
deb-src http://download.telldus.com/debian/ stable main
wget http://download.telldus.se/debian/telldus-public.key
sudo apt-key add telldus-public.key
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep telldus-core
sudo apt-get install cmake libconfuse-dev libftdi-dev help2man
mkdir -p ~/telldus-temp
cd ~/telldus-temp

sudo apt-get --compile source telldus-core 
sudo dpkg --install *.deb 
tdtool works fine, and I am able to turn an Intertechno dimmer on, off, and set a dim level.

Using the instructions on http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2382, I installed Telldus Center 2.1.2-1:

sudo apt-get install qt4-dev-tools
sudo apt-get install xsltproc
sudo apt-get install docbook-xsl
mkdir -p ~/tellduscenter-temp
cd ~/tellduscenter-temp
sudo apt-get build-dep tellduscenter
sudo apt-get --compile source tellduscenter
sudo dpkg --install *.deb
TelldusCenter then appears in the menu, when I run X-windows, but the applications fails with these messages:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ TelldusCenter
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":12.0".
(TelldusCenter:3938): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-button-images after class was initialised
(TelldusCenter:3938): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-label-select-on-focus after class was initialised
(TelldusCenter:3938): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-can-change-accels after class was initialised
(TelldusCenter:3938): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-popup-delay after class was initialised
(TelldusCenter:3938): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-popdown-delay after class was initialised
(TelldusCenter:3938): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-entry-select-on-focus after class was initialised
(TelldusCenter:3938): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-entry-password-hint-timeout after class was initialised
(TelldusCenter:3938): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-scrolled-window-placement after class was initialised
(TelldusCenter:3938): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GtkSettings::gtk-menu-bar-popup-delay after class was initialised
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to ConfigurationDialog "", which already has a layout
TelldusCenter: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/telldus/tellduscenter/plugins/script/libTelldusCorePlugin.so: undefined symbol: tdInit
I guess the last line is the important error message (TelldusCenter: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/telldus/tellduscenter/plugins/script/libTelldusCorePlugin.so: undefined symbol: tdInit).

I have googled this error message, but I seem to be the first getting this error.

The /usr/lib/telldus/tellduscenter/plugins/script folder contains these files:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ ls -l /usr/lib/telldus/tellduscenter/plugins/script/
total 340
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root   4096 Aug 10 19:00 com
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  13948 Aug 10 18:53 libDevices.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  47192 Aug 10 18:53 libQMLLoader.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  34768 Aug 10 18:53 libSensors.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  30544 Aug 10 18:53 libSettings.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  26456 Aug 10 18:53 libSystrayIcon.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  38872 Aug 10 18:53 libTelldusCorePlugin.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 137732 Aug 10 18:53 libTelldusLive.so
If I remove the entire script directory, TelldusCenter starts up, but since it is missing all plugins, the GUI is empty (as one should expect, I guess).

When building the TeldusCenter source code, I notice this message:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tellduscenter/usr/lib/telldus/tellduscenter/plugins/script/libTelldusCorePlugin.so contains an unresolvable reference to symbol tdRegisterSensorEvent: it's probably a plugin
Since this actually is a plugin, my guess was that this message wasn't important. Maybe I was wrong.

Has anyone had the same issue and fixed it?
jollymation

Re: TelldusCenter on Raspberry Pi 2

Post by jollymation »

I have the same identical problem...

Have followed a lot of different tutorials on Telldus-core, Telldus-center, etc (also the two that you mention in your post)

Have you found any solution to this problem?
martinbergman

Post by martinbergman »

I actually made this work with the tutorial from
https://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5427

adding

sudo apt-get install libtelldus-gui2
sudo apt-get install tellduscenter
Kooseh

Post by Kooseh »

I have followed the same steps/guides and have the same error message.